Monday, January 5, 2009

What we did this weekend

This weekend was very busy for us. More so for Corey, but I try to stay busy as well. On Saturday it was in the 70's and although I know that Corey would have loved to play golf, he actually worked on the house. We have some projects that need finished up and he had a friend of his Darrell come over to help him. I am not exaggerating when I say Darrell can do it all. He installed our gas water heater for us, moved a light in the bathroom wall, replaced the fan/heater in the bathroom. Helped us figure out why the roof was leaking and how to fix it. Plus he has helped us figure out what to do about the rough idle on our van. I told him if we ever moved I was going to pack him in a suitcase and take him with us. It has been good for Corey because he has been learning all these useful things for later. But he didn't let the kids off easy. He put them to work cleaning the van out. It was so cute to see them working away. The van did look really good, except for the smeared windows which Lexie cleaned with Clorox. But that can be cleaned up quick.


Lexie cleaning the van with Clorox. I have no idea why Corey gave her this to clean with. To him a cleaner is a cleaner.


Here are the boys taking turns vacuuming. They look so cute. Notice Logan pointing out a spot for Gabe to get.
On Saturday night I decided to put some foam rollers in Lexie's hair. My mom used to do this to me and I know that it makes really tight curls, but Lexie's hair will not hold a curling iron curl for anything. She complained that they hurt her when she went to bed, but I told her it would be well worth it. You can imagine how she looked Sunday morning. But with some combing and separating I pulled the front back and she looked like a little doll. It was so cute. This is Sunday night when I finally took the top down of her hair. Corey just thought she looked so stinkin cute he wanted pictures. And I have to admit she was pretty cute.

Don't you just love the goatee? I love it, but Corey says he will have to shave it for a meeting with his boss this coming week. I was a little bummed, but I guess he can always grow it back.

5 comments:

The Thompson Family said...

What cute kids you have Kory. I am impressed of what a good job your kids did cleaning out the car. Did the clorox bleach your car seats? I love Lexie's hair. We love you guys and hope to see you soon!

Seth and Julie said...

Why can't Corey have a goatee for his meeting? Seth has always had a goatee and sometimes even a beard and it looks really neat and professional as long as he keeps it trimmed.

Anna Min said...

Can Darrell come with you the next time you come visit us? My hair would never hold curl either...foam rollers were a way of life:) She does look cute. And I LOVE Jereme with a Goatee...he always shaves it for Sunday meetings. I'll agree, but I sure love it. How's Corey's job?...

Sally said...

At least Lexie used cleaner. Samm and James decided last week that the mirrors on the outside of the car were dirty and they cleaned them with their spit. Yep, dirt smeared with spit looked soo much better.

Anonymous said...

I loved little miss shirley temple's hair. I was surprised that it lasted so long. I love Corey's goatee but you know, you must look good for the interview and hair does grow back!!!

I also wondered about the clorox and the seats!