Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Not Another Ice Storm

I woke up this morning early of course and decided I would check the weather on the news before I would head out to the gym to get my walking in. I turn on the news and they say the roads are horrible. And I also find out that they cancelled school for today...yikes. But last month when we had some ice I thought the roads weren't that bad and I still ventured out every morning for a walk. Corey never says anything about my adventures while being big and pregnant. I climb in the attic for a bin, he doesn't reprimand me. I paint and move huge pieces of furniture and again no reprimand. So I called my mom because she always has to drive in early in the mornings for work. I mentioned that I was thinking of driving to the gym to walk and I got an earful. What if I skidded off the road and I had to walk to get help 9 months pregnant on icy roads? What if I fell just walking into the gym from the car on the ice? That got me to thinking, yeah probably not the best idea when you are 9 months pregnant to do. So I stay home, and when my husband asked why I didn't go to the gym and I told him. His response, "well you could have just taken my cell phone, you would have been fine." I guess some people get the sympathetic husbands but I must have missed out on that trait.

Now I have to figure out what I am going to do to entertain the kids ALL day long. I contracted this horrible chest cold from Corey on Sunday and I haven't slept at all for the past week. So my nerves are pretty much shot as it is. Let's hope that I can get creative today for once in my life!!!

3 comments:

Doug and Marilyn said...

Blanket forts, paint, cooking, games...good luck!!

Seth and Julie said...

I thought we had crappy weather but you guys seem to have school cancelled a lot. Sorry!

Anonymous said...

Your mom is also an old labor and delivery nurse! A pregnant women in her ninth month should NOT be out on slick roads. When you fall there is a chance of a fetal bleed and that is not a good thing. Your husband is in his own little world and doesn't realize the risk. He doesn't handle pregnancy well - remember how he just stood in the corner when I delivered Lexie?