Sunday, January 18, 2009

Boy's Room


At least I can say that something good came out of all this mess that we are in. The Realtor came in and told me some things and hints of things that might need to be changed to improve the look. Thank goodness I got a thumbs up on my living room because I was not about to touch that. The boy's room had one wall blue where I was deciding what to do with it. Of course I was so tired and sore after painting that one wall I just left it for awhile. But I got into a fix it mode on Saturday and got my butt in there and painted that wall back to the same color as the rest of the room. What a difference. It looks so much better. I had to prime it because the blue was so bright and then do two coats of the other color. We also had to move around furniture and re stack the bunk beds which was no easy task in itself. It took me all afternoon and I was so sore by the the time it was all said and done. But now I am satisfied with it and can leave it for now. I also have to change up our bathroom, because apparently houses with blue and green walls don't sell as fast. So we have to paint the whole bathroom as well. But my dear mother and even my sister-in-law Tiff have volunteered to paint it for me so at least that will help out. But I just thought I would show you how much better the boys room looked now.


The dreaded blue wall. I know it looks horrible. Plus both beds apart took up the whole room.

It was just a jumble of mess in there. The dresser in front of the closet was a pain too.
aww so much more space and the blue wall is history. I stuck a dresser at the end of the bed and that made the room so much roomier.
Yeah!! I finally got the TV off the ground.









3 comments:

Sally said...

The room looks really good. I guess it's a good thing I got rid of my one blue wall. You know I would be happy to help you out too! You shouldn't be putting bunk beds together and moving furniture!

Sarah said...

I should scold you, too, for moving furniture around, but I've been doing the same thing today sooo... I'll zip it. The room does look good- what a project!

The Thompson Family said...

The room looks great. I'm glad you are going to have help with the bathroom. Let us know when you find out about California. I love you!