Thursday, January 22, 2009

36 Weeks and Can't Sleep


Guess what people!! You get another gripe email about my pregnancy. Hang in there, only three more weeks and then it should stop. I will finally be 36 weeks this weekend and since I plan on having Hailey induced at 39 weeks, the torture is almost over. My doctor decided to take a vacation next week so that means I don't even get to be checked for dilation until week 37. I pretty much know what will happen. I will be slightly effaced and of course dilated to about 3 or 4, but I will stay that way until I get induced. This is all just a brave guess on what has happened in the past. I am happy to announce that the baby must be starting to drop because my ribs don't ache nearly as bad as they used to. My heartburn and indigestion is gone and so it makes things a little more bearable.


Ok enough about that, my real complaint this time is not being able to sleep. Yes I know all you mom's out there know about this insomnia, but I honestly did not have this much trouble with the other three. I wake up uncomfortable and with my hips just aching horribly. I stumble out to the couch trying to find comfort there only to sleep for about 30 minutes and wake up again. So I stumble back to bed, nudge Corey because he is usually snoring so loud and try to fall back to sleep again. It is an endless cycle and I am ready for it to end. I guess I am getting prepared to deal with Hailey waking up all night for the next couple of weeks. It should be no problem after going through this. So add me already moody with no sleep and you get a monster. My kids have experienced this already today. I have to sit down and remind myself that I have control over how I act.


Now to end on a positive note. Hmm, well I am almost done that is a definite positive. I actually dreamt about Hailey last night, except she was a he. My friend Danielle keeps telling me they are taking bets on how long I will breastfeed. So with that on my mind I guess I conjured up a dream about breastfeeding (my son in my dream). I actually did it with no problems in my dream and it seemed so easy. Maybe I was just getting myself pumped up for the challenge. I had a hard time trying to breast feed with all three, so I am going to really try and succeed this time. Plus we won't get free formula so it would really save us some cash as well. Plus I am so grateful that Hailey has been healthy and strong, this pregnancy has been a textbook one with no complications and I have the most supportive husband in the whole world. My life really is pretty good!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The older you get the less you sleep solid. I'm thinking that the idea of being born old and then dying when your a wee babe is not such a bad idea. Breast feeding is great Kory Jane but remember it has no bearing on what kind of mother you are. You are a great mom whether you breastfeed or not so try not to worry so much about it. If you can, you can; if you can't, you can't.

Sally said...

Well, you no I don't feel sorry for you about not being able to sleep since that is my life. I do sympathize with you though on the aching hips and trying to sleep on the couch. I went through that with this last pregnancy only mine started at about 25 weeks. It was so miserable I dreaded going to bed.

Man, only 3 more weeks! That has gone fast!

britta said...

Stick with the Breastfeeding. It will work out. How long did you nurse your other babies?

melissa said...

good luck Kory, just be glad that you can keep that baby in there, its worh it I'm sure. Good luck with breast feeding, Avenley wouldn't go for it, Paisley took 2 weeks to even take a bottle so I didn't even try with her.

Nicole said...

Hang in there! You look great! (And so does that clock on your wall! Where did you get it?)

Seth and Julie said...

We do have control of how we act but hormones combined with discomfort can really push us to the edge sometimes. I don't envy you but in 3 weeks it all gets replaced with something perfect. Good luck. I can't wait to see pictures of Hailey.

Sarah Bowen said...

I can't believe it has already been almost 9 months! I also can't believe that you are letting your hubby leave you when you are so close to your due date. But then again you have family there and your mom if your baby does decide to come.. so you won't be completly alone. Clay said that Corey is already getting the toy closet to sleep in.;) and the boys are sharing Caylas pink room:) I will definatly let you know how it goes. Also let me know if you want my home phone or cell while he is over here without you.

Real Life Roberts said...

so you decided to go the induction route! Are our babies going to have the same birthday? I'm right there with you on the sleeping issue. Also, when I walk or adjust when sitting my pelvic bones feel like they are riping apart!