Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Can I have More?

I know this is my third blog of the day, but when you are iced in your house with three kids you have to find some way to amuse yourself. I got this idea after lunch today when both my boys keep asking for more food. I keep thinking about what my parents keep saying, about watching your grocery bill climb when you have boys. We actually did a smart thing and joined Sam's Club and go monthly to stock up on snacks and large items we use a lot of. I can't even tell you how many times a day the boys ask for a snack. It seems like they are always hungry and don't worry they never let their food go to waste or Lexie's for that matter. Last Saturday we went to Wendy's together as a family for lunch and both boys got a hamburger and their own fries. They both scarfed them down and asked if they could have another one. When it is just me and the kids I will always willingly go and get another burger for them if they ask. After all, they are just a dollar a piece and I don't ever think it will break us. But my husband the cheapskate tells the boys no that they don't need two hamburgers. I remember my brothers scarfing at least two burgers each growing up. Doesn't Corey remember eating his mom out of house and home? I guess what really brought this up and is when I made two whole boxes of mac and cheese both Logan and Gabe ate a big bowl and asked for seconds, to which I cleaned the pot out. There was nothing left, and they still asked for more after the second bowl. Now if only I could get them to ask for seconds on fish or stew, now that would be a nice change.

5 comments:

Pepple said...

Jacob is the same way!! He acts like he is always starving. I can't wait to see how much he eats as a teenager!

I hope you found some fun ways to pass the time with everyone home. These cold weather days are so hard. I noticed online just now all the schools are closed tomorrow too. I used all my good ideas today trying to get rid of the cabin fever. To make things worse Chris is on hour 8 of a conference call so I have had to keep the kids quiet while cooped indoors. Ugh! I think tomorrow is all about wii, ddr and tons of popcorn! :) If you feel like venturing out feel free to join us.

The Thompson Family said...

I remember being trapped in the house because of cold weather when I was by my self and I was ready to go insane. Good luck today. I love you! Hopefully Corey is home now.

Seth and Julie said...

I am glad it is not just my boy. Alyssa eats next to nothing and Alex will eat 4 hard boiled eggs and still want 4 more. I keep thinking he is going to be a body builder.

And tell Corey, he did it too. Seth's mom has fond memories of Corey and Josh coming over to their house and eating boxes and boxes of cereal because she bought the sugary stuff.

Walling Family said...

I can't imagine havign two boys in the house, Garrett too acts like he is starving all the time, he is a horrible monkey and when I turn my back he scales the cabinets and helps himself. UGhhhhh. I know it only gets worse, Dave is alwasy wanting something to eat too.

Jenn said...

I remember just recently my mom apologizing to my older brother for all of the times she denied him food when he said he was hungry. It wasn't until boy #2,3, &4 that she realized how much growing boys really do eat.