Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Big News

Sorry the picture is so small, but I think you get the general idea. Corey has been given a great opportunity with his company and so we will be moving to Visalia CA in a couple of months. We have known about the possibility for awhile now, but it looks like things are a go. I have always told Corey that CA was the last place that I wanted to live. It looks like I should have not said anything at all. Thank goodness they will not need him for another couple of months. That gives me time to have the baby here and to sell our home. I am more stressed about selling our home than having the baby. But I have looked at the pictures of Visalia and it looks so beautiful. It is so close to mountains and is not a huge city. I don't know why I get to handle all this change at once but I am certain that it will go well. We are excited for a fresh start and the opportunity this will give Corey to excel in his job. I will be sad to leave my family behind and also all the good friends that we have made. But we do know that Hilti's headquarters are located here in Tulsa so the possibility of us eventually ending back here is pretty good. So please could everyone keep us in their prayers to sell our home during these tough times.

12 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

That is big news. Congrats! I have always said I will never go back to CA but I do miss my family so I must admit I am a little jealous.

We found out we were moving when I was a few weeks away from having Alex so I totally relate to the whole have a baby, sell the house and relocate all at the same time thing. Good Luck and we will keep you in our prayers.

The Bringhurst Bunch! said...

Congrats! That is exciting. Your getting a little closer to Utah. Good luck with the house thing. It will all work out! Are you going to buy a home in California?? Were praying for ya.

Walling Family said...

How exciting! I lived on the outskirts of Merced for almost 6 years and it isn't too far from there. The house will work out! Good luck and keep everyone updated

Vicki said...

Congrats! That will be such a great place to be. So close to lots of fun weekend destinations.

The Thompson Family said...

Yeah that is awesome Kory. You will love California and you get to live close to your sister! We will keep you in our prayers. I'm sure you will sell the house. I love you!

britta said...

Wow!! That is so funny that you guys are going to be going through the same things we are. Are you guys anywhere near Orange County?

britta said...

Orange county is by LA. Our temple is the Newport temple. Jonathans office will be in Irvine. Which marathon are you going to do?

Nicole said...

Wow! Congratulations! I am excited for you! That is good that you can have the baby and then move. Moving pregnant is NO fun. Good luck to you guys!

Lisa said...

That is bittersweet news! Congratulations! Everything will go just fine. The house will sell no problem.

melissa said...

congrats! That actually sounds like a lot of fun, even tho it also sounds a little stressful! I'm sure everything will turn out great! Beau and I are waiting until I finish school and then possibly Beau will look for a job elsewhere. I think it would be fun to experience different parts of the country! Good luck!

Sarah said...

I have to say, I'm a tad jealous. I want to live somewhere pretty, and your new destination looks lovely! California has such good weather, too. LOTS to look forward to with a new move, but lots to worry about as well. Try not to get too stressed out and enjoy the new adventure. Good luck with everything!!

Anna Min said...

Ha! Jereme told me Valencia...
Where is Visalia? Looks gorgeous.
I'm so excited for you!...For a change that means things are going in the right direction (as opposed to change to get away from bad direction). And this is a great time to move to California with the whole housing market stuff...
We'll pray you sell your home. Will you buy when you get there?
Wow!