Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Random Thoughts


So I love this time of year. All the lights and cooler temperatures. I love when my house feels all Christmasy and the kids seem to get extra excited when we pull the tree out. This year Corey actually helped with the setting up and I don't know if he will return next year or not. I don't think he realized how difficult the kids can be when you mix excitement and a Christmas tree. It took so long that I actually had to finish decorating the next day. Plus I had to adjust most of the ornaments because they were located too low to the ground. But now I am officially ready for the red guy to make his appearance.


Today I went to grab my vacuum, oh how I love to vacuum. I just love how your carpet looks so nice and clean after you are done. Well I have noticed that the suction on my new vacuum has been weaning so I decided to investigate. Well 10 screws and a lot of dirt later I found the problem. The hose was totally clogged shut. And my luck, it was located right in the middle of it. So I had to get creative to get it out. I finally just kept shoving my broom handle until I got the clog close enough to start digging it out. It took me about 45 minutes to resurrect my vacuum, but now I can actually clean instead of just throwing stuff around. There were some interesting stuff caught in the hose. I guess I can't just suck up everything in my path. Some larger article need to be hand picked up. And just when I thought I had it too easy.




And as a last note of thought, I just absolutely love cottage cheese. I know most people abhor it unless it is cooked in a recipe, but I could just sit down with a container and go to town. Add some fruit and then I am really set to go. It almost is as good as ice cream, but notice I said all most.

4 comments:

The Bringhurst Bunch! said...

I know why we are friends. I love cottage cheese too. My favorite is plain with some paprika sprinkled on it. Amen to freshly vacuumed carpet. It just makes your whole house feel so clean if the floors are vacuumed.

Seth and Julie said...

I love cottage cheese too.

And I love clean floors. I just got the new Shark VX3 (to replace my old model Shark) for my hard floors and I am making up reasons to use it every 20 minutes. Seth has been teasing me but I don't care. I think it is so exciting!

Nicole said...

In our apartment our carpet fuzzed so bad my vacuum clogged everytime! I had to vacuum and then budget 45 min. to unclog it. If you experience it again, I recommend bending a wire hanger to fit.

Jenn said...

At the risk of sounding repetitive....I love cottage cheese too!! Especially with peaches, or yogurt!!