Saturday, December 13, 2008

Stop Growing

This was just a thought as I am sitting here at the computer. Logan got brand new Converse shoes in August for school. It only took him 4 months to break his shoes so he had to get new ones. I have heard of wearing shoes out, but breaking them? Leave it to a boy to figure this out. So I head to my favorite store Khol's and I guess all the boys in Coweta wear Sketchers, so we search these out and I find his size in the shoe he wants. He tries them on and tells me they feel funny. What does that mean exactly? I am not sure myself. I am trying to feel his toe and the shoe is so thick I can't feel anything. To my surprise a worker who was in the shoes breaks out whatever that thing is called that measures your feet. Now that I look back I am so glad that he was there and suggested it. He had grown one whole shoe size in four months. I was shocked. Not just a half, but a whole size!!! So I got the next size up and sure enough Logan said they felt much better. I am not even going to mention the fact that his jeans are getting higher and higher up on his legs. Another couple of inches and he will be sporting high waters. You feel helpless when you have one child you can't seem to keep clothes on and your daughter who can't seem to graduate to the next size. At least the money I would have spent to buy Lexie new clothes I can swing over to compensate for Logan's mammoth spurts.

3 comments:

melissa said...

They do grow so fast! Avenley is always growing out of her shoes. The good thing is that they are still in good shape when Paisley grows into them. I hope she doesnt have giant feet when she gets older! lol

The Thompson Family said...

I can't believe how fast Logan is growing up as well. We got the present for Jason in the mail and it is under our tree. Thank you! We love you.

Seth and Julie said...

Boys are funny. Alex has bigger feet than Alyssa, although Alyssa is miniature. She still wears size 9-10 toddler shoes at age 6. She can also fit in 12 month clothes that are too tight for Chloe. I guess you'd rather have a huge boy than a huge girl, right?