Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Where did I go wrong?


So I get a call from Logan's school yesterday saying that Logan had informed them that his Dad passed away last night. They were concerned and called to see if they could help in anyway. I was thrown for a loop. I explained that everything was fine and I apologized. Thinking this was the end to this episode, I get a call today from Logan's teacher telling me all these horrible things he has been doing in school. At home he doesn't seem that bad!! But then again I think I instill fear into my kids and that might have something to do with it. Knowing that his teacher can't be too dangerous he might hold less regard for her consequences. But he won't stop talking in class and then she said he is aggressive on the playground and in gym class. I just couldn't believe that Logan was being rough with his peers. But I guess these are parents last words right! I think half the problem with the aggression is when he plays with the older neighborhood boys they all play rough all the time. So I had to ground him from playing with the boys in our neighborhood until we can resolve these issues. Plus he has to get good marks on his talking every week or else there will be consequences. I always feel like a referee with my kids. They are always fighting, yelling and teasing. Does anyone have any ideas for discipline? I am about ready to try anything at this point. Do they still do shock therapy?

6 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Kids say the craziest stuff. How funny! I am the worst person to ask for advice on discipline though. I am the biggest softie with my kids. They act like lunatics for me but they are pretty good at school.

Walling Family said...

he will get through it. Maybe there is something bothering him at school? Maybe his teacher needs to send him to the principals office and scare the crap out of him. I think all kids boys and girls go through a ruff and tough stage. You are a great mom.

The Thompson Family said...

You are a great Mom. That would be a shocking phone call from your teacher. I remember not wanting to be sent to the principals office in elementary because she had a paddle. I don't think they use those anymore :-)

Anonymous said...

I think it is that Mexican blood in him. Just look at his dad - aggressive little fellow!!! Can little boys take estrogen? Sure helps me!

Sarah Bowen said...

I have been thinking about shock therapy with Cayla too. LOL just kidding. She has been whinning so much latley and has just been irritable... could she be pms'ing already? Gook luck with Logan,hopefully it just a phase.

Sally said...

I notice that when Samm is acting up the most and being aggressive towards James or other kids it is because I have been really negative with her. I'm always so quick to discipline but I forget to praise her when she is good. All it takes is a solid day of positive reinforcment and she starts acting better. To bad I can't remember to stick with it.