Saturday, December 27, 2008

Teeth Grinding


I know that everyone gets stressed. I make my life stressful for myself it seems. But I always think I am handling it just fine. Until I notice this nice little ache on the side of my jaw. This tells me at night I am grinding away at my teeth. I did this once before a couple of months ago. And it looks like the ugly monster is rearing it's head again. Although this time I know the cause of my stress. So many things actually. First of course is the upcoming baby. Are you prepared? Can we pay all these bills coming in? Then there is another BIG issue that I have been stressing about. But I can't tell yet. So I lay at night thinking about these things before I doze off. Hmmm, could this be the cause of the grinding? I have read that you are supposed to do something relaxing before bed and even a warm washcloth on your jaw will help relax it. I guess I need to relax a little and stop worrying over things that are out of my control at the moment. Why oh why can't I control everything around me? :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I think as mothers we deserve the ability to see into the future. How unbelievably helpful this would be! The not knowing drives me crazy, too. Hang in there, though, and just ask for that peace of mind (and teeth!)that can only come from prayer.

melissa said...

I do the same thing and even when I am awake I clench my jaw without realizing it until it starts aching. Don't stress too much Im sure everything will be fine! I can't wait to see little Hailey!