Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Whoa Nelly

Someone needs to remind me to slow down a little bit. Today was just completely crazy for me. I had grocery shopping in the morning and I had to go to two separate stores, with all three kids because it is fall break. So after we finally got home I felt like I was going to pull my hair out. Well I decided to treat the kids to a lunch at McDonald's, so off we went. Can I just say that I sometimes think my kids are cursed. We are sitting there eating and of course Gabe spills his soda all over the table and floor. I am trying to clean that up while everyone is watching me. Probably thinking that pregnant woman's needs to quit while she is ahead. Then as we are leaving Logan drops his drink on the floor right in front of the door. Considering it was lunch rush and the line was basically right by the door I was mortified. I swore as we were going out ( not really) that I would never take all three by myself to McDonald's again.

After lunch I left my kids at my friend Danielle's house with a sitter and we went shopping for Halloween costumes. Well basically we were gone for almost four hours trying to find certain items that we both needed. My friend Danielle is as I say an Amazon (very tall) and her long legs give her a long stride. So here is little short legged pregnant Kory trying to keep up with her huge steps. The good thing was we found everything we needed and I got a Panara bagel as a snack.

When I finally got home and while I was fixing dinner for the rug rats I started cramping up and my back just started throbbing. Oh that is right, a pregnant woman needs water or she will cramp up. Did I drink my water today...whoops. So I had to down a couple of glasses of water and lay down to get the weight off my lower back. I guess I need to realize that I can't go at the same speed that I was before pregnancy. No wonder little Hailey Sophia was kicking the living daylights out of me.

6 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

You decided on a name? Is that the one that Corey picked or is this a name you are trying to persuade him to pick? Either way, I like it! Very cute.

Walling Family said...

I love the name! Too funny we were thinking of a girls name and were thinkign sophie as a middle name too. Slow down!

melissa said...

So is that name final? I like it, very cute, as you can prob tell I love "ley" names! Don't wear yourself out! What are you all being for Halloween? We are ALL being pirates. Kinda lame, but Beau and I had costumes from a couple years ago.

Anonymous said...

At least 4 quarts of water a day, Kory Jane!!!!! from an old L&D nurse (aka mom)

Real Life Roberts said...

Hailey Sophia is a darling name! I also can't help but think that people are making comments at me out in public being prego and with 2 out-of-control kids...oh well!

The Thompson Family said...

Hailey Sophia is a really cute name, we like it a lot.