Friday, October 10, 2008

Quit staring, yes I am pregnant


I used to be at the gym all the time. Spending at least two hours a day with cardio and weights. People would talk to me, or attempt to talk to me sometimes, and I felt like I was in my niche. Well of course I stopped going at my usual time and when i did go early on in my pregnancy I thought I was going to throw up half the time. So now that I am feeling great and going every morning to walk on the treadmill I all of a sudden feel self conscious. Maybe I am just imagining it or are people gawking at me with this surprised look on their faces. At first I thought it was because they saw me pregnant and wasn't expecting it. Then after a friend told me I hardly looked pregnant I came to realize an astonishing thing.....these people thought I had porked up. The girl who used to bench heavy weights and do pull-ups on the bars is now a porker. I should just get a shirt that says "yes I am pregnant" and wear that so the staring and awwing will stop.
Ok now that I have gotten that off my chest and I am sure (mom) that you are thinking I am obsessed with how I look when I should just be happy that I am healthy and pregnant. Does anyone have a suggestion for a girls name? I have a couple but for some reason Corey is not satisfied with them. He said he needs more info. Well hon, I am about out of options considering he doesn't like anything I suggest. And the only one I get from him is Lafonda...like that is going to fly. So any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what's wrong with LaFonda? Reminds me of my Idaho days!!!! I am not going to say "stop worrying about your weight" - I going to say "Who cares what people think?" I think you should take sweets to the gym and stuff them in your mouth when you are on the tread mill>

The Thompson Family said...

hahahaha you crack me up Mom. I got a funny mental picture when I read that. Good for you for going to the gym Kory. I love you Kory!

Anna Min said...

More info? What's he hoping to find out before the big decision? What about Korey?...Cory?...:)
And I like your mother's idea about the sweets for the gym...you think you got looks before...

Sally said...

Sorry, Macy's name didn't come to me until the month before she was born. Girls names are really hard for me for some reason. Just out of curiousity, what are the names that you like?

Thor'sblog said...

how about Thora for a girl huh huh