Sunday, October 19, 2008

Guess I'll Go Eat Worms

Nobody Likes Me, Everybody Hates Me, guess I'll Go Eat Worms.
long, Thin, Slimy Ones; Short, Fat, Juicy Ones,itsy, Bitsy, Fuzzy Wuzzy Worms.

Down Goes The First One, Down Goes The Second One,oh How They Wiggle And Squirm.
Up Comes The First One, Up Comes The Second One,oh How They Wiggle And Squirm.


Do you guys remember this song? I actually sing this song to myself a lot for some reason. Growing up in High School this was the most important thing to me, having lots of friends and having them like me. But something happened between college and since marriage that has turned me into a so called hermit. I have limited friends (thanks Danielle and Tiffany for taking on this feat) and sometimes I wonder if I need to start attempting to befriend others. I have tried in the past don't get me wrong, but I end up getting no call backs after I make the initial call to hang out. I wonder if I am so mean and horrible that people avoid me like the plague. Danielle suggest that I seem standoffish and I can make people think that I am somehow bothered by them. Well truthfully there are some people who really do annoy me and I have a hard time hiding that annoyance. Oh well, I guess I need to stop sitting by myself on purpose and try to smile more at others. Dang it, I actually have to exert myself. You have no idea how hard this is for me. Hmm, maybe a friend list of two isn't so bad after all.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Can I just say a big DITTO! You just wrote my feelings too. When Duane and I were first married he was it, my best friend, my guy, and I was content. I do realize how valuable friends are now though.

Anonymous said...

I like to have just a few really good friend and then the rest I like just as friends. This works well for me cuz I really prefer to be with family!!! However I have no problem talking to strangers.

Sally said...

Hmm, should I be offended that I'm not on your friends list? If I tell you to get over it will you really not like me any more? OK, so that sounded really bad, but what I mean is that I learned a long time ago that adults are just as insecure and childish as teenagers. We worry too much about if people like us. When we were first married I was always telling Josh that I didn't have any friends and he basically told me to get over it. Stop worrying about it all the time and do something about it. I have to admit that it is still really hard for me to approach people, but I try and force myself to do it. And now, after all of these years I'm finally learning how to not care what other people think. Not everyone has to like me. I'm happy having just a few close friends. Honestly who has time for more than that. Wwo, that was long. Anyway, I really do hope I can be on your list, cause the kids have been begging me to go to your house.

Seth and Julie said...

I totally relate to this post. Seth has so many friends and he is never uncomfortable getting to know people but it terrifies me. I talk a lot so people don't realize that I am actually shy. I only have a couple friends too but they are real friends...you know, the kind you can actually trust and that is enough for me. Plus, I am making lots of friends by blogging.