Sunday, October 12, 2008

My busy Saturday

Yesterday was really eventful for me. I usually don't have too much planned, but I sure did yesterday. I started with Gabe's soccer game and he did so good. He scored 5 goals and he just kept running down the field shouting "I'm on a roll". It was just too adorable. Right after the game I zoomed over to our church's Super Saturday which started at 10, so I was a little late. But it was fun to sit and visit with my friends. I wish I had pictures to say that I actually accomplished making something, but I don't. I knew I wouldn't have a easy time with the apron and the tiles were 6 dollars a piece and I just keep thinking of the Halloween costumes I have yet to purchase for the kids.




That evening Corey took me out on a date. I love it when we go out alone. It feels like we are still young and laughing about all sorts of stuff. I love that I have such a great relationship with my husband. He really is my best friend and I love that we can just sit and talk for hours. Well since we were trying to save money we went to Taco Bell for dinner. It was good as usual, but being pregnant it wasn't as good about two hours later.




After that Corey took me to see Eagle Eye...


It was actually really good. It was really action packed basically the whole movie. And I have to say I am a big Shia Labeouf fan and he did such a great job in this one. I highly recommend this one. Although you might want to go to a different movie theater than the Cinema Eight in Broken Arrow. That place is crawling with teenagers who don't know how to be courteous during a movie. Cell phones going off, texting through the whole movie, getting up and having conversations in the middle of the aisle and throwing popcorn. I felt like I was in Teenager Hell and I was getting so frustrated.


To end my evening just perfect Corey drove all the way down to Memorial and 71st street to get my a Cold Stone Ice Cream...



Only to find out that they are closed, well more like evicted, so we were really disappointed. So we settled for the Marble Slab by the Pro-Bass Shop. It was really good, although Corey was not happy about the price. For my medium we could have bought a whole gallon at Wal-mart, so that was my most expensive part of the date. But it was way worth it. And to end my night just perfectly when we were leaving the store and crossing the parking lot a yes, Teenager, comes zooming through at about 45 miles an hour and almost runs Corey over. I had to yell at him to stop and grab his arm because she came out of nowhere. I may have shown her a not so nice gesture and yelled to slow down. Not that it helped any, and I am sure that was not the most Christian thing to do, but I was defiantly teen aged out by that point. How will I survive my own kids I wonder.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Too bad about Cold Stone. Darren's co-worker in Cedar Ridge got some of the ice cream when they closed because the owners were in that ward! I'm jealous!!!

melissa said...

What a fun date! Gabe sounds like he is quite the little soccar player.. GO GABE!

Anonymous said...

Never had Cold Stone so I guess I won't be missing it!!! I would have missed Corey though if that car took him out!

Sally said...

Sorry you had to deal with so many teenagers. We actually went to Marble slab last night also and there was a big group of teenage girls all dressed up. Must have been party night.