Sunday, November 16, 2008

What a Weekend!!

This weekend was amazingly busy for me. I usually have nothing too exciting happening, but that was not the case this past weekend. On Saturday we held a garage/bake sale for the Summer's family in our Ward. I was amazed at how many people showed up to help. It was bitter cold outside. It felt just like I was back in Rexburg with blustering winds that would knock everything off the table. And the fact that it would blow right through you. I was so cold and tired afterwards, but I have to say I have never felt more fulfilled than I did at the end of the day. I was in the best mood and I think it was because of the success of the sale and what we were able to do as a community to help the Summer's family. It made me realize how many good people there are out there.

Today was our Sacrament program and I have to say I was a little worried about it at first. How can you not be when you have that many kids sitting up in front of everyone. You can never really be too sure of what will happen. Besides one out burst from a little boy, it went really well. I was so proud of the kids and how reverent they all were throughout. I messed up on the congregation music, because I was so nervous. I did not know I would be playing while the whole church would be singing and I don't have a piano to practice on. So I did not get the chance to practice the songs. I was a mess. But it went really well afterwards and I got through the songs without too many noticeable mistakes. So with that behind me, I can relax behind the piano for a couple of weeks, until January when we get the program for next year. But it turned out to be a really great experience weekend for me.

4 comments:

Sally said...

The program really did turn out good this year, and you did great on the piano.

The Thompson Family said...

Good job Kory! You have always been very talented at the piano. You will have to get a keyboard or something to practice. I love you!

Real Life Roberts said...

Thanks so much for coming to the sale and helping out so much! It's always great to have another prego-crazy woman braving the weather and stress!

You were awesome on the piano on Sunday! I was so impressed at how smoothe the program went!

Anonymous said...

Yo Mama is proud!! Sorry I missed it.