Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight Review


Drum roll please.....Here is my personal review of the movie Twilight. If you missed my earlier blog, yes I did go to the midnight screening of the movie with some great friends who also wanted to humor themselves with the flick. We got there an hour early only to find the theater packed and ourselves seated on the second to the front row. I already had stiff neck before the movie even started. Add to the fact that the picture looked so huge and fuzzy it was hard to see everything at once. So this in itself might have affected my opinion of my opinion of the movie. Once started I thought it would pick up. You could tell this was a low budget film and I found myself thinking how cheesy some part were. The only saving grace for me was Edward himself. I wasn't too sure how he would look in the movie as Edward, because during his TV interviews he looks kinda quirky to me. But he did an excellent job with his part and he looked really nice up on that big screen. So even though the film itself was no grand slam at least they gave us women something nice to look at for the two hours. So was it worth staying up till 3am on a Thursday night....NO. I would have much rather watched this flick at the dollar movie or even waited till DVD. I am really hoping that they make enough revenue from this first one that the second will be a better caliber of movie. So I was disappointed in what they came up with. So if you haven't read the book, please please don't go see the movie to try and catch up, take the time to read and you will be so much more fulfilled.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Yep, that about sums it up. Maybe it really would have been better without the stiff necks and squealing teenagers.

Seth and Julie said...

A few of my friends are trying to get me to go see it tomorrow and I haven't even read the books. I don't even like to watch movies in the first place and I definitely don't like to see them if they are from a book I haven't read.

The Bringhurst Bunch! said...

You crack me up. Just reading this made me laugh because I can totally hear you saying it! I haven't seen it yet and to be honest I am in no real hurry! I just love the books too much! But hey maybe it's worth a few bucks for some good eye candy huh!!!