Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Painting the House

Since Corey had today off from work and it has turned out to be a beautiful day...we decided we would finish the outside of our house and paint. Last month we found a ton of wood rot on our house and had to replace most of the wood on the back of our house. But once we got all that done, the weather turned really bad and we haven't had a chance since to paint. But today we finally accomplished that. We hate the color of our house, but it is much easier at this point to just paint what the rest of the house already is. Corey was so patient and let Lexie and Gabe get in there with their own paint brushes. Paint was flying everywhere, but I think they had a great time. I did paint the lower parts, but standing on a chair or ladder to get up high is a little over me right now. I would probably fall with this huge boulder attached to my belly. So I wasn't as much help as I would have liked, but I did all I could. It is so nice to have Corey home with us!!


Lexie armed with a paint roller
Gabe with his personal paint brush.

Corey getting some work done!!


As a side note, while we were in the car to go get supplies Lexie was really asking the questions and not leaving us alone. We were going to get breakfast before hand and Corey warned Lexie if she didn't stop whining then she wouldn't get any. I asked her what she needed to say to her dad. She said, "Dad, I am sorry I am so annoying." I couldn't stop giggling. Needless to say she did get breakfast.



2 comments:

The Thompson Family said...

Way to go on the house! It looks great. Lexie is so cute. Happy Thanksgiving and we love you! Oh and cute diaper bag!

Anonymous said...

What kind of paint job is that???? I see no paint on anyone!!!