Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ready for Bake Sale on Saturday

We are having a bake sale in our Ward for a family whose husband/father passed away this past week. I never am into actually making the goodies, but really into eating them. So I sucked it up and was cooking all afternoon. I have to say the cooking was the easy part. When it came to wrapping all those individual pieces of fudge, candy and truffles I thought it would never end. But I did finish and now I have the baggies to add to the sale. I really hope that we have a great turn out and that we can raise some money for the Summer's family.

I did get carried away with taste testing. The truffles required Oreo's (my favorite cookies, but isn't it America's favorite cookie also?) and so I did eat a couple of those while I was baking. I really don't think I ate that much, but everything was so sweet one taste was all it took to satisfy. So when everything was all set up and it required tasting I thought I was going to barf. I did taste everything and they did taste pretty good. My fudge actually turned out better than I expected. But I put everything to test with the boys and they said the truffles were their favorite. So after much sweat and tiny pieces of cellophane I have completed it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you saved your mother a truffle!!!!

Jenn said...

I was hoping for pictures!

I like western novels too, but I can assure you that living on the ranch really isn't like it is in novels. It's WAY less glamorous!

Jenn said...

P.S. I have my twilight tickets too! I feel like such a dork!

melissa said...

where are the pictures? so do you have a good recipe then?

Anna Min said...

Yummmmm. Oreos. Truffles. May I have your recipe? :)
Good luck with the bake sale!