Monday, June 30, 2008

Tulum...My Favorite

Tulum was my favorite spot that we visited. It was one of the last Mayan cities and it is located right on the ocean. It is so beautiful and I can only imagine how pretty it must of been to live there. In the pictures some look a little blurry, but don't worry that is just all the humidity in the air. Corey played golf that day, but my mom went with me instead.



We can still see the red hand prints on this building. They are the original and there are some more along the bottom.
This building paid tribute to the God of fertility..good thing you can't really touch it huh
Tulum is surrounded by this wall, so here we are going through the wall to get into the city
Thor and I before we went into Tulum
Thor and my mom
Me on the cliff over looking the ocean
The main temple that sits right on the cliff edge
Me in front of the main temple
This was a palace they built, even though they had no Kings or Queens
Can you see the guys face on the side of the building

Look out tower overlooking the ocean
Me in one of the door ways of the wall
Beach view
How pretty is that
There are little wooden stairs you can climb down and swim in the ocean



2 comments:

Becky said...

What a beautiful spot to vacation, nice tan!

Real Life Roberts said...

I am way impressed at the photo qualiy of all your pics! I'm so glad you really experienced the ruins! HOW FUN!!