Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Games have become bearable

For a couple of weeks now the boys have begged Corey and I to play Uno with them. Not that we don't adore our kids, but playing card games with little kids gets daunting and so we usually say we can't or just go play by yourselves. But last night Corey and I both sat down to a little game of Uno. As we start to play I am so impressed with Gabe and especially Logan on their understanding of the game and how to be sneaky. This in turn just made me realize how big Logan is getting. I keep thinking he is still 5, but for some reason now that he is 6 it sounds even older. The best part is when we were waiting for Gabe to play his card and Logan tooted. It was really big for such a little body and the boys just started rolling. For the most part I am more crude than my husband so I can't help but giggle at what he did. Soon all three of us are rolling and I look over to Corey and he is trying so hard to look disgusted and not smile. But then he can't even resist it and he starts laughing too. It was great to have such fun with my boys playing a game. Next time we won't be as adverse to sitting down and playing.

3 comments:

The Thompson Family said...

They are growing up too fast and the worst part is I don't get to be around them very often. On a better note we will be seeing you in paradise in 8 days! How is the school going? Love you!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you were playing pao instead of uno!!!

Thor'sblog said...

I think that the toot really came from Corey and he was trying to cover it up by blaming the boys.:)