Saturday, June 7, 2008

Hide N Seek?


Hide N Seek?

Nope, just taking a nap

We have been at a tug of war with Lexie about cleaning her room for about a week now. I refuse to clean up the huge mess she has made and she refuses to clean it in return. So day after day I walk by her room and I can't even see the floor anymore. Now if any of you really know me, this bugs the crap out of me. But I am going to get her to do what she is supposed to do. Today Corey told Lexie she had to clean her room in order to go play outside. I was studying in the kitchen and I went in to talk to Corey. I asked him where Lexie was. He said she probably went outside even though he told her not to. So Corey went outside to look and he was starting to get worried that something happened to her. As I go into our bedroom again I notice a leg sticking out from under the bed. I assume she is just hiding and I told her she better get out because dad is looking for her. There was no movement and no response. As I lift the bed skirt up there she is fast asleep. It was so funny that I had to get a picture.
It is six hours later and Lexie's room is still not clean. We told her no dinner until it was clean....guess what suddenly she is not hungry tonight. Eventually she will want to eat or play and will get it done. So until then I guess she will starve before she cleans her room.
P.S. As a side note: I asked her why she couldn't clean her room. Her response...because I am too little and the room is too big. Go figure.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Pyper likes to play the "I'm too little" card, too. But then suddenly when she wants to help me cook or go outside by herself, she's plenty big! Kids are so silly. :)

The Thompson Family said...

Too cute. I wish I could still sleep soundly anywhere. We miss you guys and are excited to see you soon. I love you!

Real Life Roberts said...

I guess that one way to get your point across...food and play time will definitly be missed and she'll eventually clean up her room. Good luck!

melissa said...

That is cute. I love how little kids sleep in the funniest places and positions. I love the "I'm too little" excuse. Avenley says the same thing. A couple weeks ago avenley went through a phase where she would NOT clean the toy room. I got so sick of it I went in there one day with a garbage bag and told her I needed to vacuum so everything on the floor was going in the garbage. She has been much better since then. She hasn't got her garbage bag full of toys back just yet tho.

Sally said...

Is that why all her toys are "melting" in the attic?

Lisa said...

Well, she and Devyn would make quite a pair. Only, Devyn can't fall asleep under her bed because we took her bed frame down so she couldn't clean her room by shoving everything under the bed anymore. We just put her mattress on the floor. It's something for you to look forward too!