Monday, March 10, 2008

Boiled Peanuts


I am a southern girl at heart so you can imagine how excited I was to boil my own peanuts and eat them. It took me almost five hours to boil them, and even then they could have gone for another hour just fine. I was impatient and took them off anyways. They tasted so good. So salty and soft. If you have never had a boiled peanut, you are really missing out. Corey was not so hot about them, but the kids sure liked them. I made a whole bag so I can freeze them and save them for a later treat. Gotta love that southern food.

2 comments:

Sally said...

Sounds interesting, but yummy. I'll have to come over and try some. Samm said something again today about going to your house tommorrow. I always thought she was just pretending not to listen when I was talking, but now I'm starting to think that she really isn't.

Walling Family said...

I love boiled peanuts! I have lost of memories of picking these up on the side of the road at stand set up! Delicious! Enjoy them!