Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hailey Birthday and Run

Hailey Turned Two!!! We just kept thinking how fast time has flown even since leaving Tulsa. She was so little when we moved here and now she is walking around singing dancing and making everyone fall in love with her. We have tackled a lot of first with her and the final dread will be potty training which I am putting off till after vacation time this summer. She really has been such a joy to have in our family and has made it complete.

Friday was her actual birthday so we had us a mother/daughter outing. It was nice and I know she felt special. We went to Wal-mart to spend her birthday money and got some great gifts for her. Then we of course went to Panera for lunch. She LOVES Panera. I will get her a kid mac n cheese with the yogurt and she eats every bit of it. The picture alone tells you how much she loves it.

Then we made our way to Martin's to buy her birthday cake. I was going to make one, but I thought she would like a big one from the bakery. That night Lexie had a birthday party so she was gone during the present opening and cake. But it was so fun to see Hailey enjoy her special day.
aww yes JoJo the bunny that plays hide and seek. Grandma Rollins got this for Hailey and she loves it. We had to take it back and exchange it at Walmart because it did not speak English. It wasn't Spanish either. It almost sounded German. It was pretty funny though.

Hailey with all her goods. Thank you for the phone which she got from her Esquibel grandparents. She loves it and carries it around everywhere. Mom and Dad got her the talking picnic basket with shapes and colors.

What a good brother to help her out. I didn't get a picture of her blowing out the candles because she didn't. I tried to get her to, but as I held the cake up she started crying for fear of the fire. At least I won't have to worry about her playing with fire. So I blew them out for her and then got her a huge piece of cake and ice cream.
Oh yeah that is some good stuff.
I had to mention my long run yesterday and how hard it was. The wind here was horrible and had gust up to 50 mph. But we still went and ran around town. Talk about resistance training. We got 12 miles in at an average pace of 8.30 which is pretty good considering. Hector thought I should eventually try to qualify for Boston, but I think right now I just want to finish the marathon in one piece.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so hard for me to think that she is 2!!! It just seems like yesterday that you were laying in the hospital bed paralized and I had to keep propping you up!!! Give her a big kiss from me. Love you all.

The Thompson Family said...

Mom, did you not try out the jo jo the bunny before buying him? How funny. She is such a cutie. It looks like she had such a fun birthday. We miss and love you!

Sally said...

Time has gone by so fast! Happy Birthday Hailey!