Friday, March 6, 2009

2 Week Check-Up

Hailey had her two week appointment today with the Dr. Things are looking really good. She is now 8lbs and 3oz so she is porking right up. Her head has somehow gotten the same genetics as my other kids....very small. I think it was barely in the 10th percentile. But that makes the delivery that much easier. We have been having issues with Hailey and regular milk based formula. She will scream every five minutes after eating. And I don't mean cry I mean scream with her back arched and her little fist just going to town. I was up all last night trying to get her to calm down for even thirty minutes. I think Corey was pretty tired too from taking the first shift till about 1am. I made a quick sprint to our Walmart early in the morning and bought some soy. She seems to do much better. She is still spitting up through her nose, but at least there is no dramatic screams from her. I told the Dr. and he said sometimes their little tummies have issued digesting the milk proteins. So it will be stinky soy for now.

Her cord fell off and it was looking really gooey on the inside. So the Dr. looked and put some stuff in there to dry it out and kill any germs. So now she has to go back to sponge bathing for a little while. Other than those small details she is thriving and is very healthy. I am so happy that she is after what we went through with Lexie.

Sorry if this post is boring to some, but I know that the grandma's look and like to know how things are going.

4 comments:

Pepple said...

Have you ever tried Gripe Water? They sell it at Walgreens and even walmart and target. But it can be really helpful for stomach issues. We had to use nutrigen for a couple of our kids because of formula issues.

Hey do you want me to take some newborn pics of Hailey? I bought/made some newborn pic props and since I wont have a newborn anytime soon I would love to try them out. So if you want some newborn pics (I don't l know how great they will turn out) I would love to try. Let me know.

Walling Family said...

Glad overall that she is healthy, stinks about the formula literally, that stuff stinks (I watch a kid who uses it and if he burps or spits up...yuck!) He also uses that Gripe Water and it seems to work well. I can't believe that she is two weeks old! WOW!

Lisa said...

I have heard about the gripe water too. So glad she is doing so well other than the fussiness. That is so frustrating. Hang in there and call us when you can't take it anymore!

melissa said...

I'm sorry Kory! Av had the same problem with milk. I think she was allergic though because she would get rashes too. We used soy for a while and we tried rice based too. One thing that seemed to help her was the milacon(sp?) drops, but she was pretty fussy after feedings for the first couple of months