Wednesday, February 25, 2009

One Week Old

Today my little Hailey Sophia is one week old. This first week just seemed to fly by, as I am sure the next couple of years will as well. I am already so in love with my sweet little baby. She is so agreeable. She only fusses when I give her a sponge bath or when I change her diaper. I am almost thinking she would rather stay dirty than go through the torture. Corey feeds her at 11 before he goes to bed and she only wakes up around 3 to eat and then sleeps in till 6. Did I mention she is only one week old!!! I can't tell you how blessed we are. She loves to be held on your chest. We are suckers and so far she will only sleep in bed with us. Yes I know they say co sleeping can be dangerous but I feel like she is perfectly safe with us. But I know this could become a bad habit so we are setting up the crib this weekend to start trying to get her to sleep in there. I never want to give up my 3am feeding. I feel the quiet of night along with her sweet sounds are blessings to me. I am trying to reveal in my last baby and I am really enjoying her. She sleeps without a sound most of the day and when awake she will just sit and look around. I can't wait to see what kind of person she grows up to be. I already think of her as our little peacemaker and I love how the other three love her and protect her as well. She will never have to worry about being hurt around our house. What a beautiful sweet spirit we are blessed to have in our family.

She just looks so good in pink with those chubby cheeks
Hailey and I, I wonder after looking at this if Lexie got it right. "Mom, you are squishy."

During awake time. Just sitting and hanging with the fam.

7 comments:

Walling Family said...

So quick! How is the nursing going? I am still waiting and waiting and waiting! She is adorable

The Bringhurst Bunch! said...

She is so cute. It is so funny to see her. She looks just like her dad!! Give her a kiss for me.

LoraBelieves said...

She really does look like her Daddy. Glad you're both doing well.

The Thompson Family said...

I can't believe it has been a week already. She is so beautiful. I am glad she is a good baby. We miss and love you!

melissa said...

I'm glad she is a good baby! I think if I would have known for sure that Paisley was most likely my last baby I would have done some things a little differentyl. They just grow up way too fast

Anonymous said...

You are both so beautiful!!!! I am so glad that I got to be at the delivery. Lexie told me last Sunday that I was squishy! I pretended not to hear.

Sally said...

Oh I hope she stays good for you. Enjoy every second!!!