Friday, February 20, 2009

Announcing Hailey Sophia

Don't judge, this was right after and I felt horrible. My blood pressure was 50 over 20.
In the warmer after she was born
Corey with the boys

Before labor began, I looked happy.

Hailey the day after. She is so cute.

She is finally here!!! Hailey was born on Wednesday the 18th at 2:19 pm. She weighed 7lbs 14oz and she was 19 inches long. This was the weirdest delivery for me. My mom didn't blog about it, I guess she wanted me to give all the lovely details. Everything really was going fine, but when I received the epidural he had to do it twice because he went too far the first time. When he gave me the meds I did notice that I was numb all the way up to my chest but it was bearable. After a little while it wore off and I started feeling the contractions just on one side. So they called him back in and he gave me another dose. He must have given me a lot because right away I noticed there was something not right. I was numb on the right side of my body all the way up to my right eye. Nothing worked on the whole right side of my body. The worst part was that I felt like I couldn't breath and my nose swelled shut. So I had to have an oxygen mask and breath through my mouth for pushing. If this was not enough, Hailey decided to come out face up. I still only pushed about 10 minutes before she was out. The Dr. just kept saying it was a good thing she was my fourth so that I was able to still deliver her quickly. But my legs would not work until late into the morning hours of the next day. I didn't know it at the time, but I guess it really scared my mom. But she kept her cool really well the whole time. But the best part was Hailey herself. What a wonderful baby and she is so sweet. She does look like Corey though. We are really blessed that everything went well. You can also see more pictures at http://www.bettyrollins.blogspot.com/

13 comments:

Pepple said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful! I kept checking your blog for an update, I didn't even think about checking your moms-duh! I am glad your delivery went well.

Walling Family said...

She is gorgeous! Love all the dark hair! I am glad everything went well other then the strange epideral incident...weird! I am so excited and I can't wait to have our little on here now.

Seth and Julie said...

Yay!!! Congratulations. Scary stuff about the epidural. I am glad you are okay now. .

Corey must have strong genes because 3 of your 4 kids look like his little clones to me. She is much prettier than him though. :)

Anyhow, congrats again! I got goosebumps looking at her. I LOVE new babies. I wish I could shrink my little monkeys and start all over.

Becky said...

Good work guys! Hailey is just simple ADORABLE!!! I'm sorry about your epidural troubles, it sucks when it doesn't work. Out of the 5 epidurals I had(insanely I chose on 2 not to do it), only 3 worked right. Go figure. I hope you and Hailey are sleeping ok, a good nights rest is the best thing in the world. Congratulations!

Straley Family said...

In case you don't recognize the name It's Jessica Rowland. I found your blog on Emily's site just in time to see pictures of Hailey. What an amazing video. Congrats guys. Four kids, I'm not sure we're that brave.

Sarah Bowen said...

Congrats Korey!! My babies would never just lay there like that! How awesome and I love her hair, so cute!

The Thompson Family said...

Hey Kory Jane, I am glad you are feeling better. I love the video with Hailey trying to open her eyes. I bet she is thinking, it is bright out here :-). We love you.

melissa said...

Congratulations Kory! She is beautiful and she definately does look like Corey! With Avenley I had two doses also and my legs were numb until the next day. They took me to the bathroom about 6 hours after she was born and the nurse was like why cant you stand up... ha my legs were still numb dummy!

Anna Min said...

I loved that video. I love new babies...:) I know you're going to savor every moment with your last one. Congratulations you guys!

britta said...

So glad everything turned out okay. She is beautiful. Good luck to you in the coming weeks. You will do great at nursing this time!!!

Lindsay said...

That is the sweetest video..her just getting used to it all. Probably in her mind she is saying, "Oh crap! I guess I'm here! So...this is it...Man did I have it good on the other side!"

Vicki said...

Congratulations! The epidural story sounds scary. So glad you are both safe and sound. She is so precious.

Doug and Marilyn said...

Congrats! She's here and she's beautiful!!