Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Beast In Me

I know that I have heard it said that pregnancy does weird things to your personality sometimes. I am usually such an introvert that I really didn't get the urge to socialize. Well I find myself wanting to chat a little more with Danielle when I see her. Maybe it is her rubbing off on me. I want to smile at others more often and try to open lines of communication that were maybe cut off at one point. Now don't get too excited because I am still a long ways from being a bubbly Heidi!! ;) And there have been recent times that I have tried to talk to someone, or write a little note and still have gotten not a response. I can't help but be annoyed by people who I feel are deliberate in avoiding me. It almost makes me want to be even more persistent and annoying.

Mom told me I need to find a hobby. How do you find a hobby? It is not like you just wake up one day and say oh I think I will become a great seamstress or maybe I will just take up cooking. I have tried to do many things and after I try them I think that was ok, but I wouldn't want to do it all day long. The only thing I really enjoy is working out really hard and pushing myself, but at this point that is not an option. So I am trying to think of something that I could do all day long and find accomplishment from it.

I wish that I were more of the crafty type. I don't have a craft bone in my body. All of my stuff turns out looking like my 6 year old made it. So I end up throwing it away. I am honestly stumped on this and I just hope I make it through this weekend without dying of boredom before I find something for me to do. So if you have some suggestions that would be great. If not, then I guess I can always keep pushing play on my VCR or picking up that book.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Kory Jane Rollins!!!! OOPs I mean Esquibel.

Seth and Julie said...

Reading is a hobby, and the best one if you ask me. I am not crafty either. I am great at kids crafts which is probably why I am in Primary. The stuff they make in Relief Society is way over my head. I wish my hobby was working out...I hate it! I haven't worked out more than 30 times my entire marriage.

Don't take up cooking or baking. I did and it leads to too much eating. I will trade you that hobby for the working out.

Thor'sblog said...

we could get you into video games you could paly with Beau, Josh and I? JOIN THE NERD NATION!!!

LoraBelieves said...

I think sometimes I have too many hobbies. I get overwhelmed at moments trying to decided which one to indulge myself with, and I usually rotate. And reading definitely counts as a hobby, too!
I've never posted here before, but I was clinking around and landed here. Last weekend, when I started to fast, I felt prompted to fast for you. We never really talk or anything like friends, but your name just popped into my head, and so I did. I hope you have a nice weekend and you're doing okay. I checked out a couple "Girl movies" from the library to watch, while our husbands are away. :)

The Thompson Family said...

Hey Kory Jane, You can be crafty. I had a thought. Why don't you try photography. It is super quick to take a picture, and if you don't like it you can delete it. There are alot of cool things you can do with a camera and express your creativity. It is just a thought. I love you!

The Bringhurst Bunch! said...

I just know why we're friends! If you happen to find that hobby that everyone seems to talk about let me know. My hubby is always telling me that! It ticks me off to be honest with ya!

LoraBelieves said...

Honestly, If I was in your position, my hubby would have begged, and I would have let him go, but I wouldn't have been happy about it either, and I'd have probably fought depression the whole weekend. I was surprised that they planned the trip so close to your due date. I hope they are having a REALLY GOOD time. It'd better have been worth it!

Real Life Roberts said...

You are so funny! I love being referred to as bubbly...but let's be honest, I am so human! I have my OFF days!!! thanks for the compliment though! You made my day.

Sally said...

I think working out is a perfectly accetable hobby. Honestly I did't consider myself a crafty person or really enjoy crafts as a hobby until recently. Blogging has really helped because I have found lots of good ideas. It can also be deressing though because there is always someone out there better than you. I have just had to realize that I can't be good at everything and be OK with it.

Momza said...

Hobbies are things that make our daily lives more interesting...it's that part of you that craves expression...do what you love! Photography, painting, sewing, cooking, serving, writing, blogging...it doesn't feel like work...GO FOR IT!

Ryder Clan said...

Did you change your phone number, I text you awhile back. Congrats on the baby, you need to post some pics though! Anyway, my girls still call their babies by your girls names and talk about you guys a ton, we miss ya! Hope all is well and you are trying to get some rest, even though you are probably already running like 10 miles a day ;)