Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Supreme Court Ruling

As I was sitting down this morning after my workout I couldn't find too many stations that were not talking about the ruling the Supreme court decided on doing away with the traditional meaning of marriage.  People seemed so excited and happy that the ruling went through and I was upset that not one station had the reaction of the other side of the story.  They just keep saying how gay couples will have the same federal rights as traditional marriages including tax breaks.  When did marriage become defined as tax breaks???  I thought marriage was a covenant with God that you make with your husband or wife.  But not one broadcasting station even mentioned the religious and moral side of marriage.  We have pushed God out of our schools and out of our government and basically out of our lives.  Why are we not surprised by the events unfolding around the world when we won't listen to our Savior and his commandments.  The church released a statement regarding the ruling and I was so glad to see something in print that was agreeable with how I felt.  You can read it here.  I just don't understand Prop 8 I guess.  Why have the people vote on something if it will not be held up?  What a joke and I have to say this just felt like another blow that I have been let down by the government and people in general.

2 comments:

melissa said...

I agree with you. I was surprised that the media was focusing on the celebration of over turning prop 8 and not so much on the fact that the Supreme Court overturned a popular vote. I would think that any American would be upset by that. I really liked the church's statement about it as well.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you both!