Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Danni 5 Months Old

 
 
Yes I know what everyone is thinking...could Danni possibly be 5 months old already?  These past 5 months have just flown by and I sit sometimes and stare at Danni and think she is just growing up on me way too fast.  I do miss the newborn snugly stage but I will gladly give that up for sleeping through the night.  Let's see what little miss Danni is up to these days.....
 
Danni has discovered how to roll over.  She can roll both ways which makes for movement which makes for I have to pick up constantly.  She never stays on her back too long before she flips right over.  She used to hate tummy time but after learning to turn she will play for a little while with toys on her tummy.  I got a couple of sequence shots of her roll...
 



Pretty impressive right?  Once she learned this she can also inch worm her way forward to get to things.  If a toy is out of reach she will inch her cute little butt in the air and scooter forward.  Mobile already so let's hope she doesn't pick up crawling too fast.

I have been working on sitting but she hates it.  I mean really hates it.  She want to get down on her belly so she can move.  When I do get her in sitting position she just folds right in half and tries to flop forward.  I have nightmares that she will never just sit and play.  This girl is constantly moving.  Even when she is sleeping I go check and she is moving all over her crib while asleep.  I did put the boppy pillow around her and took some pictures...

It starts out ok....

 Then just a couple of minutes pass before we hit this stage....
 And the final act...yep every time.
 
Danni has already shown a love of food.  She loves her baba and all I have to do is say it and she gets really excited.  She is already drinking a full bottle per feeding.  And when we eat she is mesmerized by our food.  She stares at the food and then as it comes to your mouth she will look up and just stare.  Plus she is always trying to grab my food.  My Dr. thought she would be find starting some baby food.  So I started with bananas like my Dr. said and she loves them.  She will polish a whole container on her own.  And she is my cleanest eater.  I don't even have to use a bib most of the time because all the food that goes in stays in.  I have also tried carrots which she didn't like the first time but the second time she ate the whole thing as well.  I am so happy to have a good eating baby.  That would explain all the fat rolls she has acquired.
 
 You have to admit that is a pretty cute baby.....you can tell she is an Esquibel.

4 comments:

melissa said...

so cute! I lol'd at the sitting part. Rone does the same thing. he will only sit for a min and then he's back to his belly rolling around or he folds over to eat his toes. sometimes I wish he would just hold still and snuggle! she is a doll, I love her hair too!

Seth and Julie said...

I can't believe how mobile she is already. And I am starting to see the Equibel in her a little more but she also has a lot of Rollins and sometimes I think she looks like Josh and Sally's little Macy. She is such a cutie.

Unknown said...

I can't believe she is 5 months already! Really?? She is adorable. Wished we lived closer. Enjoy her before she really starts to move. Love you all.

Sally said...

Laila didn't even start rolling over until 9 months! I can't believe she can already inch forward! And I can't believe how much she has changed in just a month. Crazy!