Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Gripe Board

So I feel like everytime I have come on here lately I have been griping about something that is going on. I logged on tonight to start griping again, and then I read a sweet post from someone I knew in Tulsa. It helped me to remember all the great things I still have going on right now. I get to stay at home and be with my kids, even though there are times that I just want escape....

I also get the opportunity to really study and read my scriptures in the middle of the day when I am not nodding off and falling asleep. Since I quit Facebook I find I have TONS more time on my hands. When Hailey goes down for her 2-3 hour nap after lunch I find myself really getting into the scriptures, the lessons for the next Sunday and also the Ensign. I also have time to actually do my calling. We have three activities this month so I will see if I survive to October.

I love the time that I have gotten to be closer to my Savior. I feel the Spirit more often during the day and I have also noticed I am not so quick to anger with my kids. I want to try and do things that make me feel that way all day long. This leads me to think that maybe all these bad things are happening to humble me. I haven't been the best at family scripture study and FHE hasn't been happening lately. Plus I have been feeling in a slump lately from not feeling the Spirit as strongly. I guess this was the way for the Lord to kick me into gear. Just throw some nice trials her way and then she will come back. If anything, I am grateful for the growth I have experienced in just the past couple of weeks. I am slowly feeling the difference and I am loving it. Now if only I can work on my service. I have also been horrible about family scripture study since Corey doesn't get home in time and it is all up to me. Yeah, you can imagine how many times that came through. So I have started reading to the kids at dinner time. Not real fun I know, but instead of mindless potty humor which is what we usually get I have turned to the scriptures. After a couple of verses I go over what we just read and ask them questions. I think they actually paid attention more. I just read the chapter during my study time and learned all I could about it. Makes for good dinner conversation as well.

So I have to post at least the reason I came on here in the first place. So I got our water bill yesterday....400 dollars. I kid you not. I almost fainted because our regular bill is around 160. I called the water people and they came out. The technican informs me that there was a leak in our water meter box, but somehow it didn't affect our meter. Ummm, have you seen our water bill little man? Of course it affected our meter, and our wallets to say the least. So our bill just happened to sky rocket at the same time that our meter box gets a leak. I wasn't buying it. I called Corey and I felt like I was losing my mind. I just felt like running from the house pulling my hair and screaming at the top of my lungs. Does anyone else want a ton of money from us while we are at it? Just wring us dry and then leave us in the middle of the desert. Corey could tell I was boiling over with dealing with everything else. So he is taking a half day on Friday to go down and talk with the water people. See if we can't catch some sort of break with this. I mean, even an idiot could see that the leak made our bill go that high. Do they think we are filling swimming pools in our spare time?

So that is the sum of it all right now. Me just making it day by day, hour by hour. I mean that is all I can do. Live for this one day where there is no bill in the mail, or no one surprising me with an over priced medical test. If I can just concentrate on all the wonderful beautiful things in my life and feel closer to my Savior for that one brief moment. Then I guess it is all worth it.

3 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

A $400 water bill? Yikes! Trials suck, but they do bring us closer to the Savior. I guess sometimes we just get lazy, and He misses us and has to call us back to Him. You are handling all of this exactly the right way, and in the end what you are gaining each day from your study and prayer is worth more than $400. But still, I feel for you. I hate how something breaks everytime I think I am up on my feet, and knocks me down again.

Rachel said...

We had a leak when some pipes froze and the water company here worked with us. We had to pay for the repairs because the leak was on our side of the meter. But after we sent them a copy of our repair bill for the leak they adjusted our water bill. It wasn't enough...but it helped! Good luck!!! P.s. We've been reading more scriptures lately too and I really feel the difference!

Anonymous said...

I love you very much Kory Jane.