Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Distraction

It seems funny that just when life seems perfect, you get thrown a curve ball. I think it is funny how just two months ago I was looking at my life thinking how it was going so well. Then all of a sudden things are Topsy turvey and you don't know where you are anymore. I have had some awakenings, some realizations and also unexpected things revealed to me just recently. Things that have been there for awhile but went unnoticed. Things that may not have been there, but came to the surface just the same. Went and gave a tons of blood this morning for all the tests. I didn't think she would ever get done filling all those little vials. So now I get to wait and wait until they decide to call me and tell me if they have found anything. So while I wait, I try to think about all the great things that are still going on right now.

Thank goodness for the Ryder's who just moved into our ward this past month. I don't think there has been a weekend where we don't do something together. They were a life saver when I needed to go to the ER and they watched all four of my kids so Corey could come up with me. We are so grateful that they moved here, if only selfishly. But we do enjoy hanging with them. This past weekend we made the trip to Harper's Ferry, which I just adore. So beautiful and the kids liked it. It was a little humid and hot, but thank goodness for ice cream to help cool us down.

Don't they look so worn? We had just gotten there, dramatics.
Christy and I after we got off the bus. I am on the step below her so I look really short.
This is the bridge you walk over the Shenandoah River.
Train pass through the mountains.
The old lock house on the tow path.
She is all sass, can't you tell from this picture?
Lexie and Riley.
Look at those curls and the red face. She was so hot.
The view from Jefferson Rock.
Kings and Queen of the mountain.
I also have my calling to be grateful for and the lessons that will help shape me for latter experiences. I am grateful for my beautiful family and a husband who really cares for me and wants me to be all that I can. I have a great family of brothers and sister and parents who love me as well. Thanks for all your concern guys. I am also trying to keep up with Logan's football schedule which is no joke here. Every evening for two hours. It is torture sometimes, but so worth it when logan looks at me and tells me how much he loves it and thanks me for signing him up.
As soon as I learn more I will inform everyone. Now I am just trying not to stress about how we are going to pay for the huge deductible plan that we signed up for in January. If we can just make that, then no more bills. I just keep telling myself I need to show more faith that the Lord will make things possible for us. I guess it was about time I got a humbling experience in my life. Things were going way too easy.

5 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Sorry that life is throwing trials at you. It has almost gotten so that I am afraid when things are going smoothly, because there is always something around that next bend, and so many of my friends are going through such BIG stuff right now. But all we can do is take the good days, live them fully and be grateful...and then hold onto the memories of those good days when the tough times hit...and stay faithful because while there may always be a trial around the corner, there is always a blessing hiding in that trial, and brighter days around the next bend. And that was the longest run on sentence ever, but isn't that what life is?

We are praying for you. Thanks for the update.

Alison said...

I love the second picture, where Lexie's holding the bag. It's as big as she is! :) Such a cute family. I miss you guys!

The Thompson Family said...

There is so many fun places to go in Maryland. Hopefully we can make it out there to visit while you are out there. I hope the results come back soon. You are in our prayers. We love you!

Sally said...

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing about my life and how great things really were. yes we are poor and I never see my husband, but overall things were working out for us. Now we are facing possibly having to pay for a new roof on the house that we don't even live in any more. Argh! Anyway, We are praying for you. Keep us up to date.

Anonymous said...

I know that you will make it through this. Remember the saying, "Count your many blessings" cuz sometimes we forget how blessed we are when trials hit us. Pres. Dorny once told me that we ride along and think everything is fine and then the Lord "Dings" us and then we remember how much we need him and how blessed we are. So hang on through that "Ding".