Wednesday, August 25, 2010

You Call That Results?

So we are short on the batteries now so no pictures to go with this. Corey raids anything with AA batteries when he runs out on his controller for his Xbox. So as of now my camera is battery-less. Which bums me out because I have had some great photo ops lately, and go figure it is when my camera is out of commission.

Well I went to see the Dr. about my test results. Just as I predicted. Inconclusive. I knew my case would not be cut and dry. My second round of blood test were much better but I still had a slightly elevated bilirubin level. So he wanted to do a MRI to make certain all was ok. I said no. We are swimming in bills as it is and there is not even anything for certain that they are looking at. Just one more expensive test for them to say, yep all looks normal. No thanks doc. So then he recommended I get another blood test in about a month to compare my levels. Now that we can handle. So I am just sitting tight waiting till the end of September to go and get re-poked in the arm. I am getting to be a pro at this. If my bilirubin levels are still elevated then he might be leaning toward Gilbert's Syndrome. I guess only time will tell.

Me in the meantime has gotten back to business as usual with my routine. I am still going to do my half on September 18th and training is going really well. I run with my friend Dadra who runs a lot and then a couple of men from our church who do marathons as well. It was really intimidating to run with men at first, but I quickly realized the benefits. My time and speed has increased so much within the past couple of months. Sometimes I feel like I won't make it that last mile, but I always do and my times have been amazing. I feel great right now. Haven't had a relapse and hoping that I don't. I am busy every day during the week between football, soccer and Karate. I am sure by Christmas I will be totally burned out. But for my kids I will do just about anything. If that means I live behind the wheel of my car for the next 10 years.

1 comment:

Seth and Julie said...

Sorry for the frustrating inconclusive results. It sucks that you spent all that money, but everything coming back "normal" is a lot better than the alternative. Good for you for keeping up with your running. Just be careful not to overexert yourself.