Monday, August 16, 2010

Birthday Weekend

What a crazy weekend for birthday's it has been. I never really thought about how crazy it would be to have two birthdays on the same day. But at the same time it can be really fun for us and it gives us something to always have in common. My friend Cynthia's birthday is one day before mine, so I thought we would have a little lunch to celebrate hers first.
It was small if you can't tell by the three of us. But we ate Panera and had brownie's for her birthday cake. It was nice to just sit and talk for a couple of hours.
Here she is getting ready to blow out her candles.
Then came our magical day to share. I had to get a picture with my little man. There is never a dull moment with him. Just the other day he informed me that he wanted to wear boxers now because he was a man. I have laughed about that for days now.
Can't you tell Hailey is a little jealous
Gabe got this cool toy that you can build into different things from Grandma Esquibel.
Alisha got me these cool dish towels and dish cloths that I was in desperate need of. Plus I love the spoon holder to go on my stove top. I didn't get a picture of my mom's but of course it was cash which I have spent already.
I already got my Garmin GPS watch for my birthday but Corey still got me some chocolate and another Ipod gift card which I use all the time.
That morning I took Gabe to the store and let him pick out whatever cake and frosting he wanted. Plus of course some ice cream to go with it. He picked triple chocolate cake with Chocolate fudge icing and then chocolate ice cream. That boy will eat just all chocolate. Something else we have in common. Here he is enjoying the bowl after we made it together.

My wonderful friends Christy and Cynthia came over and cooked me lunch for my birthday. Cynthia made bacon wrapped hot dogs and Christy made some snicker salad which I have never had before. It was all so delicious. I ate so much food and felt sick all weekend.
I got some more Mexican candy

Cynthia got me these two shirts which I love. I am really into the little T-shirts right now. She thinks I am tough and then she calls me Supermom all the time. She picked out perfect.
Logan got stuff from Deseret Book from Grandma Rollins. Notice the book is upside down.
Gabe's finished cake getting ready to blow out the candles.
On Saturday Gabe and I went to get his pictures taken and also to get his present from Mom and Dad. He wanted his own controller (wireless) for his Xbox. So that is what he got. This is us getting ready to go to Sears.
Nice evil look huh? He did NOT want to get dressed up.
After pictures him and I went for some Cold Stone. I love it, but we can't afford to take all of us there. 11 bucks for two ice creams is dumb in my opinion, but we did splurge on just us two.
Can you guess what Gabe got? Chocolate Cake Batter with Oreo's, chocolate chips and chocolate shavings.
I got my usual Cake Batter with brownie, fudge and Carmel. It was so good.
What a "GOOD" weekend it was.

3 comments:

The Thompson Family said...

I am so glad both of you had such a fun birthday. It looks like you have some amazing friends. I love you!

Seth and Julie said...

How fun to share your day with your little man. I love that you even made some time for just the two of you. I also love that Gabe loves chocolate. What a kid!

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you two chocoholics had a blast - everyone deserves a little chocolate on their birthday!