Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Great Article

So I just finished reading an article in the June Ensign from President Badnar which really struck home for me. It was centered around the Internet of course and how much time it takes away from our lives. He made a point that Satan wants us to be disconnected with our bodies and using the Internet all the time can make you lose sense of who you really are and effect your personal relationships that are real. As I was reading this I realized that I spend WAY too much time online. Now he made the point that not all things online are bad and that there are great uses for it. But the main question was are you spending a lot of quality time just surfing or on useless sites that do not add to and improve what you are working toward.

I was on Facebook all the time. If I had a spare minute I was logged on and seeing what everyone was saying. I was getting obsessed about games as well. I found myself more interested in other people's lives than my own. I have all this time I could be building my relationship not only with my Heavenly Father but with my own children and husband. I was guilty of this exact thing. So, I have deleted my Facebook account. Too harsh you say? Maybe, but where I am right now I feel like the less distraction the better. And maybe this one step will help me make more in the right direction to get myself where I need to be. My only question is why didn't I read this sooner? I have decided to make sure and read the Ensign when it comes and to really take to heart what our prophets and apostles have to say. So that is why I am no longer on facebook.

3 comments:

Thor'sblog said...

Its funny you wrote about that article it has been a discussion around my wor when it came out. Its funny that satan is now attacking the family from inside the home itself.

Seth and Julie said...

The internet is definitely a tool for both good and evil. I agree that it is so easy to get sucked in, which is why I have never done the Facebook thing. I just don't want to open up useless communication with people I don't even have real relationships with. I like blogging because I love staying in touch with people I truly do care about, but even blogging can be addictive. I tell myself it is a good journal though. Good for you for following through with what the Spirit communicated to you as you read that article.

Anonymous said...

You know I love the Ensign and think that we really need that modern day revelation to keep us on track in these modern days. Really proud of you Kory Jane!