Monday, August 9, 2010

Early Birthday Dinner


On Saturday Corey took me out for my birthday. We had babysitters lined up anyways so we took advantage of it. It is so hard to get away with four little ones. No one really wants to watch that many kids. But thank goodness we have the Ryders who are so good to us. I was going to take pictures through out our date, but I forgot the camera multiple times. But we went to Outback and I had some fried mushrooms and a quesadilla that was so good. I also had a dessert that I shared with Corey. After dinner we went to the movies. Corey and I can't even remember the last movie we went to. But we saw Dinner for Schmucks and it was so funny. We had a whole four hours to ourselves and it was wonderful. And it isn't even my birthday yet....yipppeee.
I also had my yearly exam at the OBGYN today and I was anxious to see if I had gained any weight from two weeks ago when I went to the GI dr. I stepped on and was shocked that after a weekend of pigging out I had actually lost half a pound. It gets frustrating because I know I need to gain weight but either mentally or physically it seems almost insurmountable to me. This has been one of the biggest struggles I have ever had. Losing weight is so much easier. Now we are just waiting for the GI to call me back to review all the tests he ordered. I am hoping and praying that he finds what is wrong. I just want to get back to some semblance of feeling normal.

4 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Happy Early Birthday! Is this 30 yet?

Still praying for you. I hope you get answers soon, too. You look great though!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see that you are a different shade of color. You have worn yellow too long!!!

The Thompson Family said...

Happy Early Birthday! What a wonderful husband you have. I am so glad you had the opportunity to get away. We are praying for you. Love you!

britta said...

Happy Birthday!