Saturday, September 11, 2010

Kid Break Down

So I know that I have been without pictures for awhile. I guess I just was not in the mood to take and post a bunch of happy pictures. But I finally got a sports collection that I thought deserved the spotlight. We are going none stop Monday through Friday with sports practice and then games on Saturday. I feel like the past couple of weeks has flown by due to this. I even forgot about my half marathon next weekend, and so my kids will just have to miss a game. Corey has a conference he has to go to in Frederick for work so they will have to take the back seat next weekend.

Things are going great with Logan. He loves football. That kid lives for it anyways, too bad he is a little too cautious in the field. It also doesn't help that he is not really good at running. But there is a cross country practice at his school for a cross country run in October that he asked to be a part of. I figured this could only help his running in football. After the first running practice he got in the car all sweaty and proceeded to tell me that running sucks. But in the video he got a tackle and we were so glad.






Logan also takes Karate when he can. Usually this is if practice is cancelled or on Saturdays if he doesn't have a game early. He really actually likes Karate I think more than Gabe. Go figure right.

Gabe begged and begged us for Karate. So I found someone close and although it required a one year contract (sigh) I still went for it. The whole family can go anytime and so you can get your belt as fast or as slow as you want. I would love to go more, but during the week I have Hailey which makes it impossible. Master Mike (the owner) said he would be willing to meet me during the week for a private lesson and Hailey could just run around the gym. I thought that was really nice of him, knowing that I couldn't participate any other way. I finally took my first class this morning. I had just gotten back from my long run and hurried and got dressed. I thought it was easy, and then about an hour afterwards I can hardly move my upper body. It will be nice to switch this up with all my other routines.

Don't wanna mess with this....
Gabe got his 8th class tape today, when he gets to 20 he gets his yellow belt. Go Gabber.
Lexie, well you never really know what you are going to get. She opted for soccer this year and Corey and I were both thinking yeah this won't last long. She did Karate with the boys a couple of times and was doing more twirls and mirror watching than anything else. But guess what.....she is GOOD. She kept scoring goal after goal and her ball control is amazing. The coached kept telling her she needed to take turns with the other players. Who knows, maybe she might stick with it.
Gotta check that hair, make sure it stills looks good.
Isn't she just the cutest girl ever? She really is beautiful, I am dreading her teenage years as I am typing this.
And I can't have a post without my Hailey in there. She is getting so big so fast. She keeps surprising me with words all the time. I just keep thinking is she really that old now? Her vocabulary consists of : No, Yes, Stop, Bye Dada (always together), Poo Poo, Stinky, Uh oh, Wow (after she rips one), Please, Welcome, Thank you, Love you, shoes, socks, quack (for ducks). I am sure there are others, but I can't remember right now. She loves to sing and dance and I catch her all day long doing both.
Good morning sunshine.
Chocolate chip pancakes are the best.



And just for your enjoyment, here is little Hailey grooving in the car.

I am sorry if some of the video's don't work. Can't figure out why, but I did try.

4 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

I feel so lame now. None of my kids have done any sports yet. It is so expensive and time consuming, but it is so good for them. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

It's about time you posted some pics of those cute kids!!!! I love seeing them. What a busy household you have. I know it is busy but enjoy it because time will go faster than you realize. I love you Kory Jane!!!!

melissa said...

Cute Pics, Your kids are adorable, and you look great... of course!

Sally said...

Man you are busy. I feel like my life is crazy if we have one after school activity a week.