Wednesday, September 15, 2010

No bruises, No gain

So I have wanted to get in and do some of the martial arts myself since we are all included in the membership. Of course I always have Hailey and I can't take a class with lots of people and bring her as well. I was stuck and thought I would only get an occasion class in there on Saturdays if I was lucky. Well the owner's name is Master Mike and he noticed that I have never came to a class. He asked when I was going to come and I told him my situation. I guess he has six kids and understands how it goes. So he actually said he would meet me three times a week in the mornings before his advanced class and work with me. I thought I was lucking out because I could also bring Hailey and she could just run around because no other students would be there.



I have been twice and all I can say is ouch. This stuff is tough. Extensions that I thought I had down were not even close. Getting socked in the head when I forget to duck. And I guess they do A LOT of the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. So I have been doing mainly that for the past two days. So here is a pictures if you don't know what that is:


So basically it is a lot of floor work rolling all over the place trying to get the other person to submit. I have to admit I felt awkward that first day with Master Mike and getting all tangled on the mat. Today was a little less awkward and so hard. I can't seem to think and remember what move to make while I am in the head lock and this guy is not holding back. He said that is the hardest part is not freaking out and relaxing and breathing and thinking about what move would serve you best in that certain position. The point is to make the other person submit to you by tapping out. Have I made Master Mike tap out yet.....uh no way. Only when we are doing slow motion moves and he allows me to get a head lock or an arm lock, but when I am actually sparring with him there is no way I will ever beat him I don't think.

And for those who are freaking out about getting so close to another male and rolling all over the mat. There is nothing nice about trying to get some guys head in a lock and he is all sweaty and nasty. But I get to take these babies home for souvenirs...

5 comments:

Vicki said...

Seriously, I hardly notice the bruises... and just think... WOW that girl has some guns!

Seth and Julie said...

Remind me never to flex my muscles in front of you...you would die laughing at me.

And remind me to never get in a fight with you either.

Anonymous said...

OUCH!!!!!I guess that is better than being yellow.

Unknown said...

So how does his crotch smell when he has you in a triangle head lock?

Kory Jane said...

Shweaty, Josh very shweaty. Try to keep my head away from that general area. I forgot that you did wrestling for awhile.