Sunday, May 2, 2010

Frederick Half Marathon

I did it!! I ran my first Half Marathon and I made it the whole way without walking which was my main goal. It was a little muggy and warm but overall it turned into a pretty good day for it. The traffic was horrible coming in, and we (my friend Ginny and me) left early for that reason. By the time we parked we only had 15 minutes to get to the starting line. But both of us had to use the restroom before hand. Of course the lines were horrendous and we would be late for the start. So we made out "own restroom" back behind the fairgrounds, which it seemed A LOT of people were thinking the same thing. Then we were ready to go. I was glad it turned out this way because I didn't have time to stand around and get nervous about it.

I did pretty good. I ran 13 miles in 2 hours and 5 minutes. That evens up to around a 9 and a half minute mile. So I will take that.

After race
Holding my metal
Corey and I, he was such a great support while I was training.


Me and the kiddos
Lexie, can't you tell dad did her hair that morning.

relaxing
Cooling down.
Corey got me coming across the finish line.
I am still trying to recover even now. I had no idea how taxing running that much can be on your body. I ache and I dealt with chills for 3 or 4 hours afterwards. I am glad that I got the chance to run it and complete it.

9 comments:

Alison said...

Congratulations, Sister Esquibel! That's so awesome! :D

Thor'sblog said...

You did great I am so proud of you! It does take awile to recover, but not many people have even tried it. Gratz again!

britta said...

Congratulations! One down many to go?

The Thompson Family said...

That is awesome Kory, congrats! I had no doubt that you could do it. You look so good. You don't even look tired in your pictures. Do you plan on running a marathon? Love you!

Sally said...

Were you even breathing heavy when you crossed the finish line? It looks like you just went out for a little stroll. Congrats, that is a big accomplishment!

Lisa said...

Great job! Excellent time!

Anonymous said...

Very Proud of you Kory Jane!!! You do look great!!! Of course your face is red (has always done that) Dad says, "You go girl!!" See you soon. I love you

Seth and Julie said...

WOW! That is so awesome and you were totally smiling as you crossed the finish line. I would have been laying on the floor puking after 2 miles. Congrats!

melissa said...

Good job! You look great, and that is an awesome accomplishment!