Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Gettysburg

I can never go to Gettysburg enough it seems. There really is nothing to look at especially, a lot of memorials and graves. You can look out over all the fields and the places that the battle takes place. On July 1, 2 and 3rd they do re-enactments but I hear it is torture to go with the crowds during that time. There is just something there that I can't explain. A sort of pride for what men sacrificed for their beliefs. You feel it everywhere you go and you know that about 150 years ago men walked those grounds for the last time.

This time I kept thinking about what is going on in America right now with Obama trying to take away our freedom that these men died for. It seems a shame to me that Obama would do this. Makes me ashamed to be an American almost. But it also gave me hope. Because I know if men were willing to give their lives 150 years ago for this country and what it stands for, I have no doubt that when it comes time again to defend what we believe there will be others who take their places. I hope it doesn't come to that, but I think eventually it will. And when it does I will gladly stand with the American people who treasure their freedom.








I love this picture. Hailey looking down at an Unknown grave marker.