Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lexie's Recital

Lexie had her recital this past Saturday. Who knew that recitals would turn out to be such a big deal. Lexie likes dancing, and I don't want to dissuade her from doing it. But when I asked if she wanted to play soccer or do dance again in the fall, she wanted to try soccer. Ok then, I am up for that. 35 dollars one time fee versus around 45 a month plus the cost of recitals, costumes and tickets to the show. This will save us lots of money. I figure when she gets older she might want to start up again. I can well imagine how much these parents spend when their daughters take multiple classes, but we will face that road when we get there.

In the mean time, here are the photos from her practice. we were not allowed to take pictures or video during the actual performance. She did so well. I was proud of her. The pictures of her in her costume are before her actual performance hence the make up. I don't want anyone to think that I gussy her up like that all the time. I did have flashes of what she will look like grown up and I have to say my daughter is gorgeous. I will have to keep an eye on her. Enjoy!!

In the dark theater, this is what I got from Hailey
Pretty good shot considering I didn't know where I was shooting the camera
Lexie and Gabe, he actually was nice during this photo shoot.
Ballet pose
Mom and Lexie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are so small, I can't tell which one is her. Tell me which one she is and I will watch it again. She sure looks cute in her costume. Maybe she would like jazz dancing better.

Anna Min said...

Its been a LONG time since I've been anywhere on blogspot but Alisha said you posted Hailey dancing and said it was great, and she was right:) You're right too, Lexie is gorgeous and Hailey's dance moves look promising. That's AWESOME you're going to do another half marathon to improve your time. I think that's one reason I'm hesitant to do any more races because I know if I did, I'd want to improve and then I'd have to change my exercise routine...
But what I do is a far cry from a half marathon:)
You're awesome Kory. Go kick so butt...even if its your own:)

The Thompson Family said...

She looks so beautiful. I can't tell which one she is either but it was cute to watch. Your kids are growing up too fast. We love you and miss you.