Saturday, May 29, 2010

Antietam 5k

This morning was my 5K that I signed up for. I figure I might as well get some smaller races in during the summer. Shorter races are a whole other ballgame compared to a longer one. You are working more on speed than anything else. I wasn't sure how fast I was going, I didn't have a pacing watch, but I got 24 minutes for 3 miles. I was happy with that, I was glad it was that fast because I was feeling pretty crappy the last mile or so. It was such a cute race course. I love old battlefields and I am looking forward to doing Gettysburg next month.


The kids and I in front of the old Dunker church before the race.
Lexie and I at the starting line.
Just waiting
Getting ready to cross the finish line.
Corey and I afterwards, I am looking down because at that exact moment Hailey had pulled my shorts down. Thanks Hailey.
This is Corey being grumpy that he had to get up early and drive me to the race.
After the race we saw a little of the battlefield and then we found the little city park and ate our picnic lunch. It was a nice morning and lunch for our family.
Corey riding the alligator with Lexie.
Yes that is mom and dad.
Really liking that alligator.
This was the funniest part, Corey put Hailey in the swing and this is the face she made the whole time. She was screaming too. Did not (with stress) like the swing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My two favorite pics are you when Hailey pulled your pants down and then Hailey's look or terror. Miss you Kory Jane!!! Love you too.