Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day

Maryland....the land of endless state parks. It seems the whole state is just a huge state park with town in between. So I thought that going to one for Memorial Day to swim and have fun would be relatively easy right? I guess once you narrow down the ones with a decent lake to swim in, there are only a couple of options. Well being new to Maryland I did not realize this until we drove around all morning trying to get into one. It seemed everywhere we went the park was closed due to being full to capacity. The kids were getting super bummed, I was getting bummed. When we reached Cunningham Falls we were rejected and drove up the road to turn around. Once we got back down they were allowing people back in. So we hurried and drove in and got a spot. It really wasn't that crowded and I think they were keeping it that way. The beaches were man-made, but they had lifeguards and everything there. It was sunny and warm and the kids jumped right in. I was content to just lounge in the sand and wade in to my ankles. You should have seen this water. It was practically black. You could not see a thing below the surface. Plus it was really stinky. But I was fine as long as I didn't have to swim in it. We brought our lunches and ate there on the sand. It was perfect, the kids had a blast and I had fun watching them have fun. It is crazy how your definition of fun changes as you have kids.

So here are some photos of us having fun. We went with our friends the Robello's and Corey was so glad because she brought homemade chicken tostados that I have to admit were wonderful. Made me feel small compared to my little sandwiches. After we were done swimming we came back to our house that evening for a BBQ. We had the usual hamburgers and hot dogs. Plus I had some lobster tails in the freezer that I took out and Eddie cooked for everyone. I couldn't taste them, the fish smell was too strong. But everyone else loved them. It really was a nice beginning to the summer.

Hailey testing her limits. She would just keep wading out deeper and deeper until someone came and got her. What a pill.

Don't we just look so cute together. It will be 11 years in two weeks...can you believe it.
Oh Hailey, she kept trying to eat it. Ended up with the nice sandy goatee.
Cynthia making me pose with her. But I have to put in that I am wearing my most favorite swimsuit. Best thing I have ever bought at Ross's.
My gross husband eating grapes. Trying to look seductive, but he really needs to work on it.
She really wanted to go out with the kids in the water.
This is Cynthia lounging with her hubby in the background.
You can never have enough photo's of her.
Even though the lake was stinky, the park was beautiful. So many trees.
Logan mid catch, well as you can see he missed it. I am signing him up for football this fall. He is so excited.
What a little cute blond beach babe huh?
Only the girls played in the sand, the boys stuck to the water.
Gabe showing his swimming skills. Thanks for swimming lessons.
The older girls made Hailey little swimming holes in the sand. She liked them.
So how did we rate the day....this says it all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the sand mustache!!! What cute pictures and I also love that swimsuit. I look every year for one like it and can't find one. It looks like you had a great time. Corey looks alittle out of it! We love you.

The Thompson Family said...

How fun. It looks like you are having a great time in Maryland. I rememeber swimming in some pretty dark lakes in North Carolina. You look great Kory.

Siddoways said...

Your youngest looks like a mini Corey (but girly-except for the goatee)