Sunday, June 13, 2010

Anniversary

I got to thinking how when you first get married and you reach that one year mark, you get so excited. One whole year, and then you figure people would stop calling you the newlyweds. Well this morning I woke up to a nice long run and then came home to a whole bowl of cereal all over the kitchen floor. Happy 11 year Anniversary is what Corey and I exchanged as we were both trying to mop up the mess. I can't believe it has been that long. I still look at Corey and see the guy that I fell in love with ages ago. It started out as a crush and then turned into something wonderful and eternal. I woke up this morning wonderfully happy and content with my life.

Corey and I try to be reasonable with our Anniversary gifts. But this year we really needed a bigger table where we could sit our growing family all together. So we went and found this great table

And after they dropped it off I realized how much bigger it really was. In that huge store it doesn't look so large, but in our tiny eating area it looks humongous. But we love it and we can all eat comfortably now.

Corey and I have only been on one date since moving here to MD. It is hard to find someone who is willing to watch four kids longer than an hour, and then you have to consider the cost of such a feat. But my great friend Cynthia came over and watched them all for us. Hailey is used to her and didn't cry once. And I could just relax on our date.

I got this outfit at Khol's the week before all on sale. I was so proud of my pink shoes which I love.

Corey and I excited to have some time alone.
I did a lot of research and found a great restaurant in Frederick called Dutch's Daughter which got great reviews. Of course it was pricey, but since Corey and I never go out we splurged on it. It was the best steak I have ever had. They didn't even give us steak knives, we just used our butter knives and it cut right through. This is my face as I am eating it, pure heaven...

We attempted to go to a movie afterwards, but we hit the time wrong and the next round of shows were like two hours later. So with nothing else to do we just went home. It was a great way to celebrate my wonderful marriage to such a wonderful man.

5 comments:

Sally said...

Happy Anniversary guys! Do I even need to say that I love your pink shoes!

Seth and Julie said...

Happy 11 years! I'm glad you got out on a date. You look great and I love the new table!

Straley Family said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys look great!

Brad and Emily said...

Happy Anniversary! You are so skinny! I need to take up running.

The Thompson Family said...

Happy Anniversary! You look so beautiful. I am glad you could get out for a date. Your steak looks delicious and your table looks very nice. We love you!