Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hershey PA

I will be the first to admit I have an addiction to chocolate. But almost all women I know do. I love how it melts in your mouth and how sweet it is. That has been the hardest thing for me to moderate.....my chocolate. We went to Hershey for vacation and it was pretty "sweet". We had a great time. The kids were so excited and they could not hold still for the past couple of days. I thought the hour and a half ride up there was torture, because the kids kept asking if we were close. So I let them color and do craft things. It made the ride that much more pleasant.

Corey was the least excited one. He does not go all out for amusement parks, but he knows that the rest of us just adore them. Getting up early is not on his favorite list either. So we got a mildly grumpy dad on the way up. This is all I could get out of him.

Me, this is really how I felt. We used to go to amusement parks all the time growing up and I have always loved them. I have learned recently that my tummy can't handle the dizzy rides anymore, but I still enjoy a good coaster. Plus nothing is better than seeing your kids so excited.

We got there at 9am, which is when Hershey World opens. This is where you go to see how their chocolate is made. It was really cute. Plus they have a big store there where you can buy their candy. We did leave with four bags of chocolate. Hey they were on sale and it freezes really nice. The tour was cute and the kids were enthralled with it. Even Hailey sat still.
I loved while we were waiting to walk in, Hailey had her little face pressed against the glass. She really wanted some of that chocolate.
At the end we ran into Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and that is one of my favorite candies. The kids wanted to say hi, and I wanted to see how Hailey would do with the overgrown chocolate bar. I was surprised. She actually kept giving him five and would try to pull his face off. She is our only kid who has not screamed at the characters. I think secretly she wanted to eat him.

Then onto the park. It wasn't that crowded and so we didn't have to wait long in the lines. We road almost all of the coasters, which was so fun because they have 11 of these giants. Logan was tall enough to ride everything, and he did. He was not scared to try anything. I was so impressed with him. Gabe got to ride two coasters and he almost cried on all of them. I think he got a little freaked at the top of the hill before they drop you. I also got freaked on a couple of crazy ones. You would not believe some of these coasters. It didn't help that it was almost 100 degrees and add on the nice humidity and we about died.

We were so glad for kid swaps, because we all could ride who could. It made it better so that one of us didn't have to just sit with the stroller the whole day. Hailey did really well, she liked the water park the best. I didn't get any pictures, I wish I would have but just know she had a blast. She kept well hydrated by drinking out of the cup the entire time. This is once when I caught her while waiting for the other kids on a ride.


We had such a great time. If we happen to be this way next summer we will probably go again.

3 comments:

Brad and Emily said...

This post made my mouth water! It looks like fun. What kid wouldn't be excited about that trip.

Anonymous said...

Fun Times!!! Wow Hailey has gotten so much bigger and about time. Love you, maybe we can go there when we visit.

The Thompson Family said...

Cute blog Kory. I loved how excited you were on the way up. It looks like you had a blast. You have been having so much fun. Love you!