Thursday, June 10, 2010

Greenbriar State Park

Once a week during the summer the women at my church all meet at a state park called Greenbriar for the day. They have built a beach with sand swimming areas. It is all nice and roped off and they have lifeguards as well. It is only 3 dollars per person, unless you are in any kind of safety seat than you are free. So for me and the kids I only have to pay 6 bucks. This is a steal for a nice clean fun place to play all day. The kids love it. Hailey loves playing in the sand and is slowly learning that eating it is not so fun. I have always loved laying out and relaxing by the water. With Hailey I don't get as much down time as I would want, but we still have a blast. I brought along my good friend Cynthia as well. She and I usually go everywhere together. I tell her all the time she is turning me Mexican. Corey and I put hot sauce on everything and my new favorite candy is Mexican candy. They are usually suckers that they cover with chili powder and then put it in the middle as well. My mouth is actually watering just talking about them. Strange I know, but oh so good. So every week I have something fun to look forward to for the summer.

Not only does Hailey look like her daddy, she seems to have inherited his taste for Mt. Dew. I only drink the diet stuff, so she had to settle for that. I had left this almost empty can on my blanket and when I turned around this is what I saw. She was trying to sneak by with it. When she saw me coming toward her she tries to run away from me. So cute.

I honestly don't see the boys at all except when it is lunch time. They play the whole time we are there. I love it. We both win.
Can't have a post without a picture of Cynthia and I.
The girls play some in the water, but they mainly stick in the sand and make things. Today they decided to bury each other.
Hailey just likes to play with it and of course as I mentioned eat it.
I am loving summer here in Maryland.

3 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

I LOVE living by water...cheap entertainment all summer long. You guys look like you are having a blast in Maryland. I am so glad you found a good friend so quickly. That makes all the difference. Also, I love those chili covered suckers. I also love to put lime and chili on fresh mango, and hot sauce or cayenne on EVERYTHING. Mexican food is my favorite. That is the thing I miss most about LA.

Anonymous said...

That does look fun. I will look for Mexican when I go. What is the name of it? Oh and I think you inherited that mexican gene from your mother! Love you.

Anonymous said...

By the way, very cute suit you skinny thing!!!