Friday, May 14, 2010

Lancaster PA

I have always been fascinated with the Amish and how they live. I am one of those romantic people who thinks it would be oh so cool to live 200 years ago and experience it. I sometimes think it would be cool to live with the Amish for a couple of days and learn all sorts of things. Alisha really wanted to see the Amish communities too, so we made a trip to Lancaster PA. I found this old farm that was deeded in the later 1700's and the house was built around 1805 I believe. They give tours of the house and let you tour the farm which is still a working one. I thought it was so cute, and the kids had a blast. We were a little disappointed in the food that we had, but I am sure there is some great Amish food out there. Not the particular place we went to though.

Lexie had Grandma and Grandpa wrapped around her finger. She is a pro at this. I of course know her sneaky ways and can block myself. But most people find themselves smitten with her. I don't know if this is good or not.

Gabe was our tour guide, he was really worried about how to get to certain places. He gets that from me of course.
I love that all the older kids take care of Hailey. They all watch her like a hawk and keep me informed of all her moves. Logan had Hailey duty that day and he was great about it.
I love this picture, this is exactly who she is. She LOVES being outside. She just walks around in circles and picks things off the ground. Most likely it is trash and I have to confiscate it from her, but here she found a stick and she was just as happy as could be.
Cheese...what else is there to say.
Don't you just love these cutouts!! I think they always look so funny. Although sometimes it is hard to get everyone to look at the correct time. You can tell our timing is slightly off.
Oh Gabe, what a dork. I love that kid. He makes the day interesting that is for sure.
So Logan pretty much gets along with everyone. He is so sweet. Gabe gets along with no one on the other hand. I wanted him to take a picture with his sister as well, but I got the no way from him. Logan climbed right up and snuggled close to her. I am glad that she has at least one brother who is nice to her.
Giddy up baby. Yep that is us in the open courting carriage. Don't we look just so much in love.
Managed to get all the kids squeezed in there. Hailey was not too happy about it. And can you sense the body language between Gabe and Lexie? Yep not too happy either. But Logan looks good to go.
Posing with the goats. I told them they eat anything, so Gabe was looking for trash to give him. Geez.
Sooo Eeeee. Talk about one big mama. This pig was HUGE. I never realize that they got that big. It was honestly bigger than Logan and I wanted him to lay down beside it but he was a little scared of it. She just had piglets but they are to the right of the picture.
Farmer Logan...milk that cow.
I thought this was interesting. It was one of the first road markers in the whole United States. It was located out on the main road but was saved and moved closer to the farmhouse. Gabe kept asking who was buried there. He just didn't get it.
I had to much fun. Thanks Scott and Alisha for a great vacation. We love you guys.

2 comments:

Straley Family said...

There are some days I feel just like that poor nursing pig. Being a mother is tough on every species.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of you and Corey in the wagon. Looks like the weather was great for you.