Sunday, December 6, 2009

Winter is finally here.

Everyone has kept telling us that so far in Maryland it has been mild. I took for granted the 50 degree sunny days. I just assumed it would stay like that forever. Well that all changed on Saturday when I drove home from the gym to snowflakes hitting my windshield. It snowed all day long and the kids were so thrilled. They went out and played for almost an hour before they succumbed to the cold. It didn't stick to the roads, so it didn't affect our driving any, but it gave the kids a taste of winter that they didn't get too much of before. In OK it was mainly ice we got during the winter. Not this fluffy white stuff. It was too cold for me, so I just stayed in and made them hot chocolate when they were done.


I never did get pictures of our Christmas tree. We love it. It is so full that you can't hardly tell it is fake. And the best part is Hailey hates the way the needles feel on her skin so she doesn't even mess with it. It has been so wonderful not to worry about broken ornaments. Although she has broken plenty other stuff to make up for it. But look at that cute fat face.
The kids staying still for a couple of seconds so I can get some shots. This was the best one, and still Gabe has that oh so fake smile and slanted eye look.

And I got Corey to pose with me. He was not too happy as you can tell but I make him cooperate. And no my neck is not broken, although I have to admit at this angle the bone does look really funky.

6 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

We had a super mild November too. I kept thinking that maybe my body had just gotten used to the weather in the frozen north, but then I heard on the news that it was the warmest Novemeber ever.

Still no snow. We had some flurries the other day but not even enough for a picture. We are on weather watch for the next few days...yuck! At least the kids love it though, right? It really is fun to live in new places and experience new things.

modern myrtle home said...

What is it about kids and not caring about being FREEZING?!? I grew up in the deep Utah snow, and would play in it for hours. Now, you couldn't pay me enough. I hate the cold!

Cute new haircut!! :)

Sally said...

Your pictures just reminded me that the high for next week is 35. Oh shoot me now. How am I going to survive Michigan?! At least your kids are having a good time.

Lisa said...

I sure miss you guys. Sounds like a lot of fun though. I'm glad you are adjusting to MD.

The Thompson Family said...

Oh brrrrr. It looks cold. I am glad you kids had fun playing in the snow. You guys look so happy and I love your Chrismtas tree. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

How cute they look! Why is Hailey's face so red? I still love your hair.