Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Washington D.C.

We made a trip to Washington D.C. since Corey is off this week from work. I was thinking, hey it is a Monday it won't be that busy. But it was HORRIBLE. I have never seen so many people. And most of them were speaking different languages. Corey wanted to go to the Air and Space museum and I wanted to go to the Living History one, but I guess Corey won. It was a good learning experience for the kids, but I am not into the whole space and airplane deal so it was just ok for me. Corey wishes we could go back when we don't have a little baby who decides to cry and be grumpy the whole time. I think she was doing it on purpose. But the kids had fun and it was nice to go out as a family.

Gabe doing some hands on experiment, I wish I could have gotten my hands on his hair before we left.
This is basically what she looked like the whole time.
Up on the second balcony posing, I think Gabe looks almost homeless in this picture.
We had a quick bite at Wendy's for dinner. We found one by GPS located by the temple, and I thought we were in the ghetto part of town. It was a little scary. Lots of homeless people in there along with not so nice looking people. But we were hungry and tired of driving around so we ate there anyways. Then we headed to the Washington D.C. temple to look at the Christmas lights. It was nice to see the temple finally. It was so beautiful all lit up. Corey and I are going to make a big effort to make it there at least once a month. Little tougher with no one to switch kids with or my parents to watch the kids for us. The visitor center was nice as well.
They had a bunch of nativity from all over the world. This was my favorite, it was from China. I really want one.
Sitting in front of a mural of the 2000 stripling warriors.

Kids in front of the camel from the Nativity.

Life size Nativity outside.

Corey with the kids.

So pretty.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone looks cold. I noticed your nose was red!!! Great pics, made me miss you all the more.

BeauRollins said...

DC temple was always one of my favorites. Did you show the kids the grave of the dog and tell them the story?

The Thompson Family said...

How far is the Washington DC temple from you guys. It looks like you had fun even with a crying baby. Love you!

Seth and Julie said...

Poor Hailey! It really is easier to go on outings without a baby, but good for you for getting out anyway.

That temple is so gorgeous. DC has been on my to do list for ages, and I keep thinking we will drive out one of these days but we always end up going somewhere closer, or back West to see family.

I love that Gabe looks homeless. Sometimes kids just look that way. Often times I get to where I'm going and then realize that I skipped the whole hairbrushing thing that morning.

You guys look great. You look like you are enjoying your new home!