Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snowed in Saturday

Let it Snow!!!! Or maybe not in our case. I think it is time for the snow to end. We finally got sunshine today, and along with it the reality that we had to dig our way out. We live on a little dead end road and since there is not much traffic our road was impassable for awhile. We finally had a nice man on his tractor plow it for all of us. It took Corey all morning to get our cars out and that was with the help of one of the guys on our street with a huge snow blower. So the finally total for Hagerstown was 17 inches. Unbelievable. The pictures just don't do justice to this storm. I am thinking we will have a white Christmas for sure. There is no way all this snow is going to melt before then. Some of the drifts are even higher that the 17 inches. Church was cancelled so we also spent some time shoveling a neighbor's driveway. She is a little old lady who lives by herself and Corey and I did it in no time at all. I am hoping this will be a one time thing. I am sure glad it is over.

We were stuck inside all day Saturday so we just snuggled under blankets and we did do some small baking with Rice Krispies. Lots of napping as well. I will be well rested to start next week.

Kids showing off their creations.
I got this little walkway myself done with a garden shovel.

Totally white out, this pictures does not do it justice.

There is a car under there somewhere

Corey braving the snow yesterday, he wasn't out there long.

2 comments:

Seth and Julie said...

Yikes! Somehow we have been lucky and all these storms are just moving over and around us this year. We should have snow by now but we only have a light dusting.

Driving in it sucks. Shoveling it sucks. And it is so cold and messy. But...there is something magical about that first snow day when the world stops and you can just stay home and bake and cuddle. Good memories!

Anonymous said...

I would of loved see you shovel with a garden shovel!! I'm hoping you bought a snow shovel! Since it is going to stay for awhile, might as well enjoy it. you know "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas." I love you all.