Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Taste of Summer 09

I know this post seems redundant because of so many people blogging about this. But it is one of the most looked forward to days of the summer. How can you beat all you can eat ice cream. I tried to limit myself, and I was slightly careful, but in the end I did eat my share of ice cream. I skipped right over those Popsicles and went straight for the hard stuff. I love ice cream and so do my kids. They have so many things for the kids to do and it seems each year it gets a little bigger. We showed up at 9 am to beat the temperatures and crowds, but it seems everyone had the same idea. It reached 105 that day and it was so hot I thought I was going to die. My kids seemed to fair pretty well, except for Logan who ended up laying down on the ground saying he didn't feel well. Yes overheating was an issue for Logan, but we made sure he kept drinking water and we went back to our AC vehicle after he basically passed out on the ground. But it was great fun and the only down was that Corey had to work and I ended up corralling the kids all by myself. In a huge crowd that is no easy feat. But they stayed close and made it that much easier for mom.

Hailey trying to beat the heat in the stroller. She still broke a sweat.
Logan in the fire truck looking hot and bothered.

Lexie playing her air guitar. There was music and she was getting into the groove.

Gabe on the fire truck messing with stuff that he probably was not supposed to. I have a hard time keeping this on in check.

Aww, the taste of summer Blue Bell jumper.

No comments: